Recent content by TDiesel06

1. T

2006 BRM - DSG fault(s) and PRNDS flashing

It's worked so far. I have put 100+ miles on it without a hiccup. My fingers are still crossed though!
  2. T

That's what I was hoping wouldn't be the case. That sounds like you had an issue related to the circuit board sealed into the mechatronics. So far it's working fine, shifts nicely and I added 5 miles to the odometer...307325. Thanks for posting to the thread. I hope we never see PRNDS flash again!
  3. T

To keep the repair cost down, I ordered a solenoid and pan gasket from Cobra Transmission shipped for $75. I connected the solenoid and mechatronics to the transmission then plugged into the harness and cleared all the fault codes. I cycled the key and auto scanned and had no faults. I renewed...
  4. T

I emailed Jim Ellis and got not reply yet. I called my local dealer parts dept. and was told that the current mechatronics is 02E 325 025 ATZHW. I looked at the T20e connector on the mechatronics and went through the self study guide and the Bentley book for info. Not much to troubleshoot with...
  5. T

Thanks for the insight. I'll give Jim Ellis a call tomorrow and get a part quote. I haven't figured out the pinout information for the connector yet, therefore didn't get to test. I appreciate your feedback and thank you for your posts.
  6. T

I experienced a second occurrence of PRNDS flashing from the DSG mechatronics 02E 927 770 AE. I've serviced the DSG filter and fluid, with OE parts, at 40k intervals since ownership. Once at 265,000 and then at 305,000 a couple months ago. -The first occurrence was August 9th at night from a...
  7. T

2006 Jetta TDI - Sunroof not opening fully unless I hold the knob?

It's the normal function of the switch, but I don't know the reason why it was made to operate this way.
  8. T

2006 Jetta TDI TPMS Problems

The manual is very vague on details regarding TPMS. I perceive the blinking as scanning for input and the solid is malfunction. Did Costco install the correct frequency TPMS wheel sensors? For disclosure, I disabled my TPMS (regulations made it mandatory in 2007) and check my pressures...
  9. T

G235 Sensor replacement for 2010 Jetta Sedan (CJAA)

Sorry, I don't know about a custom tool. When I changed this sensor I cut the old cable where it adapts into metal shroud and slid the 12pt. side of a combination wrench over the nut to loosen. I had to alternate the open end of the wrench during tightening, but was able to fasten the new...
  10. T

2006 Jetta TDI TPMS Problems

If you clear the code, does it return immediately? Bentley Manual: Tires and wheels, changing (vehicles with tire pressure monitoring) If wheels are changed (i.e. from summer to winter tires). The tire pressure monitoring control module (J502) must first be in learning mode before it can...
  11. T

WTB: Injection Pump + 4 Injectors. 2013 Passat TDI

What part number is the injector you need? I have one for sale for a 2010 CJAA. http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=473064 I also put up a fuel rail for sale, but you didn't mention needing that.
  12. T

2006 Jetta 18" Wheel Fitment

Yes, 17" will fit with stock or even a mildly lowered setup. 225/45r17 will maintain the diameter for speedometer accuracy. However, I do not know what the manufacturer recommended inflation pressures should be. On my 17" Goal set I stay between 35-37 PSI.