Recent content by Tdiduck

1. T

help with oil light issues

yeah idk what to do at this point im pretty lost with the car
  2. T

if it was a crank speed sensor the CEL would come on would it not?
  3. T

yeah the GP light comes on
  4. T

Hey guys figured I would give you an update on the car....so the car runs no issues or lights. decided that I would go for a test drive took the car on a 3hr drive to see if it was ok (went camping) the car ran like a champ!! never turned off or anything I was stoked. On the way back it same...
  5. T

serioulsy tho!! the first one was my bad used a mallet because I didn't have my wheatie's that morning so I wasn't pushing hard enough haha but i guess ill have to try again... i was thinking what if I boil some water as to "soften" the plastic up and then try it? or does anyone have a better idea?
  6. T

So i drove the car to the store to warm it up and do the pressure test and guess what the oil light did not come on.... the one thing that I did was change the dipstick tube..... Votex - Engine Oil Dipstick Tube is Compatible with 1998-2006 Volkswagen Beetle-Golf-Jetta 1.9L TDI Diesel - Part...
  7. T

yeah I belive someone on here said it could be a bad wire.....I imagine just from location of the wire alone being so close to the engine and the age of wires that it could also be an issue. Also found this thread Blinking Oil Light / oil pressure question | TDIClub Forums what if i do...
  8. T

Dieseldonato So option A seems like the best course of action to take?
  9. T

Vince it was at idle I did not drive the car at all there were times were I would rev it up to 13-1500, but nothing further than that. The engine was running for about ten minutes again I did not want to run it more than was needed to check the pressure. Genesis the new oil filter came with the...
  10. T

Just did the oil pressure test the car's reading is 15-18 psi.
  11. T

waiting on the oil pressure gauge to arrive so I can check the oil pressure. Also ordered the correct dipstick tube(dorman 917-305) to install, bought a new oil filter to make sure it goes in properly its a wix 57210 it does not have any writing for the orientation...how to I know what side is...
  12. T

Whats up TDI heads!!! I have a 2003 golf 5spd with 275k miles on it....new to diesel engines but not cars anyway....any and all help will be appreciated I was driving the other day and the oil light came on. Pulled over checked the oil level and it was fine. no misfire, or rough idle or...