Recent content by tdidieselbobny

1. tdidieselbobny

A "What's it Worth" Thread

The stop sales also had the $5k rebate off top and 0% financing. The SE should've been around $30k new, my S was around $27k. If I didn't have to roll over negative equity from the '16 Jetta it'd be paid off right now :mad: :mad: ....
  2. tdidieselbobny

Love my GSW TDI but is it time to sell it?

Debating on whether to sell the GSW while market is high and try to find a nice 03 ALH wagon and be done with payments and emissions ...
  3. tdidieselbobny

Love my GSW TDI but is it time to sell it?

Shoulda bought a new Crosstrek with a manual( not sure if it's a 5 or 6 speed)....
  4. tdidieselbobny

2002 Jetta TDI Headlights Cut Out

The insulation on wires inside headlight housing could also be issue. Likes to disintegrate with age, allows bare wires to touch and cause all sorts of fun things....
  5. tdidieselbobny

AHU Starting issue (Starter or ?)

Ignition switch going bad?
  6. tdidieselbobny

1997 B4 Passat TDI Sedan 5spd with Moonroof & ABS. Indian Pearl Red. MA **SOLD**

Congrats Dave! Wish I could've had it, but really would only wanna drive it in warm months...
  7. tdidieselbobny

I was perusing all of Carvana's TDI offerings on craigslist yesterday when I saw a '15 silver GSW SE pop up for $26,990 - clicked on it and it said only 2890 miles:D:D:D
  8. tdidieselbobny

RIP

Carvana had a '15 silver GSW SE with 2890 miles for only $26990 if you were ever tempted again....
  9. tdidieselbobny

Should I buy this 1999 Jetta TDI?

Rust isn't a big deal for inspection in NY. CEL will not pass. You can have 2 not ready monitors for a 99 to pass after cel goes out. More than likely a gp harness and 4 new plugs, but you could always test plugs in car to see if any have different resistance. I'm guessing they may be original...
  10. tdidieselbobny

Back onto topic somewhat.... my Carvana offer increased another $600 or so since last offer to $14,066.... just to think, last year when I was plugging my info into one of those sites it didn't even give me an offer because it was an S trim GSW( and about 15k less miles);););)
  11. tdidieselbobny

ok, what is the best tool and way to remove the fuel cutoff switch on the IP

Never heard about doing that on ALH pump, only on the 1Z/AHU pumps....
  12. tdidieselbobny

My "new" 97 Passat sedan

Damn, been 6 years since it was totaled :( , probably woulda been close to 600k now.... I've been seeing a few nice B4's pop up for sale here, might be getting the B4 itch again:rolleyes:.....
  13. tdidieselbobny

I'm taking the PLUNGE!! bought Kerma tune, k03/K04 turbo and DLC injectors... what else??

I probably would have used either the regular or epoxy JB weld on that turbo pipe.... I know they are very rare, even when I looked for one for my A3 Jetta well over 10 years ago....
  14. tdidieselbobny

I'm taking the PLUNGE!! bought Kerma tune, k03/K04 turbo and DLC injectors... what else??

Did you check eBay? Also make sure it's for wagon and not sedan, I think they might be different. Probably Abacus would know, he's had both B4 wagon and sedans...
  15. tdidieselbobny

ok, what is the best tool and way to remove the fuel cutoff switch on the IP

If you have a 6 point socket and an impact driver(get some adapters to fit socket if needed, not sure if they have 3/8" drive 24mm 6 point sockets). I think I used a box end wrench when I did mine years ago, was a real PITA with the hard fuel lines....