Recent content by tdidieselbobny

1. tdidieselbobny

Fans Running After Engine Shut-Off (DPF?)

Seems like my fans are running every day - after short drives when I go to store, get to work or home from work, etc. Hasn't thrown any lights yet. I think that if VW really wanted you to check it they would have put some sort of gauge in the car so it could be monitored without special scan...
  2. tdidieselbobny

Anyone use 5x100 to 5x112 wheel spacers???

I ran them that summer and haven't put them on since. Just use my 5x100 rims for summer and fall on the'03. I ran those Lyon rims on the Sportwagen last summer. Once I get it inspected I'll probably run them again this summer( Ecopia tires vs. the 16" Altimax)...
  3. tdidieselbobny

CP4 Bypass?

I bought mine as a new "stop sale" one back in May 2017. It is 11 yrs/162k miles, but I believe I get an additional 5yrs/60k from whenever they do the final fix on the car. I still have the phase 2a fix, haven't had any codes to replace the DPF. I'm able to get it anytime after 70k miles, as I...
  4. tdidieselbobny

CP4 Bypass?

Yep. But I just had my entire fuel system replaced at end of December because tech found metal flakes in the fuel filter housing when it was getting a filter change, also found shiny bits in top of pump.... but it was all replaced under the Dieselgate warranty....
  5. tdidieselbobny

TB questions

Did you do yours yet? If so, did you do it yourself or who did you have do it?
  6. tdidieselbobny

Adblue vs Blue Def

Haven't had any issues since then. I made it a habit of adding a 2.5 gallon jug of DEF after each oil change. Sometimes it takes it all, sometimes it doesn't. If any left over I just dump it on grass....
  7. tdidieselbobny

End of the Passat

We were looking at a "15 a few years ago, the rear seats are cavernous.
  8. tdidieselbobny

Guess what? P02149 code has reappeared once again....

Harness is about only thing that hasn't been replaced the 3 times it was at dealer last year. First time they replaced the CPS. Worked good about a month then the code and limp mode showed up. In April they replaced the #2 injector. In December for oil/fuel filter change, found the metal flakes...
  9. tdidieselbobny

No harness on any of the times it's been there the past year. I watched that video RIP TDI linked, couldn't understand it but watched where he wiggled wires, I will try to recreate that today or tomorrow. As it has the past times, the CEL went out and is running fine...
  10. tdidieselbobny

I’ll have to check invoice, don’t recall seeing it on there…
  11. tdidieselbobny

Yep. Everything but tank. I’ll need to look up each part listed on invoice to see.
  12. tdidieselbobny

Well , eff me. Almost home, car dies again. Coast to stop sign. Shut off, starts up fine. Pull in driveway 1/4 mile later, put in park to get mail, it dies in park, glow plug light flashing.Starts up fine, cel now on. Code P02149 again 😡😡😡😡. About had it with this car….
  13. tdidieselbobny

Mobil 1 ESP Now at O'reilley's

They do have the 5w30 ESP at Autozone in Rochester area, 1 qt is $11.99 and the 5 qt jug is $37.99....was just looking at it last week
  14. tdidieselbobny

DPF Pressure Sensors Melted

Ooof. Glad I never went to them, shopping around now for tb jobs around WNY area now. Not too thrilled with prices so far. Black forest was over $1900, and if I wanted OEM VW parts, said to add 10-15%. At that point, Basil was around $2200, and their parts breakdown actually listed screws(bolts)...
  15. tdidieselbobny

What did you do to your MK7 today?

Well, P2459 showed up Saturday 🙄 ....