Recent content by TDI_Ultralux_3000_Royale

1. T

Backup camera quit working

Since it sounds like the previous owner added later model parts and added this camera functionality with VCDS already, is it possible that when my head unit seemed to reset itself, it lost whatever changes that VCDS made to enable the camera? It stopped working right after my stereo wouldn't...
  2. T

Driver's door won't lock. (2012 Passat SEL)

I can adjust the mirrors, they still heat up, the trunk release works and the courtesy lamp is good. I should buy something to scan this with. I'll look for a thread on that...
  3. T

I replaced the battery about 6 months ago. I think this it's 3rd battery. I really hope it's not a weird wiring issue and it's just crap parts. As mentioned in the other thread, it might finally be time to buy one of those vagcom units to see what's what.
  4. T

Driver's door won't lock. (2012 Passat SEL)

On my 2012 Passat TDI SEL, the driver's door stopped locking. The rest of the car locks up, the car alarm sets itself, but the driver's door stays unlocked. Without the key in your pocket/nearby, you can just open it. This also prevents the remote start from functioning. I really don't...
  5. T

On my 2012 Passat TDI SEL, my backup camera stopped functioning. I started the car one day, the RNS510 would not boot past the VW logo. I turned the car off, restarted, the radio seemed to reset itself (it took a little while to start up) and worked fine after. Ever since (last fall), I've...
  6. T

Running car locked me out

I read (elsewhere) that the emissions components are covered that long. I'll have to ask them when I go in. I'm likely to hit the mileage at about 23 months anyways. :)
  7. T

I got this car in January. I'm about to test the Certified Pre-Owned 2/24k warranty. Car itself has ~55k and my warranty is good until 75K. When it gets fixed (I'm procrastinating), I'll report back what they worked on, for anyone who may have a similar issue..
  8. T

There's something wrong with my driver door lock. It doesn't lock. Car alarm sets and other 3 doors lock but the driver door stays unlocked. Once in awhile it will actually lock and then won't unlock either with fob or touching handle. Not until you do it 5-6 times. I need to take it to...
  9. T

Hidden key entry

I think all keyless ignition cars have some type of fallback to allow you to drive when the battery is dead. Just have to dive into the massive owner's manuals. Our "keyless" Acura has a procedure as well. I also learned recently that in a VW (with no physical interior locks) that opening the...
  10. T

RNS510 Firmware & Maps Info Thread

^It's unfortunate that they engineered it that way. This unit is otherwise adequate for my navigation and music needs. Certainly not problematic enough to bother with the hassles and cost of replacing the entire system. It sounds great and navigates perfectly fine. I probably won't bother...
  11. T

RNS510 Firmware & Maps Info Thread

I can't figure out if updating the maps/firmware would even be helpful (to me). Does anyone know if they improved the touch interface from the earlier RNS510 units? Are all of them (2012-201?) unresponsive? I'm not terribly concerned about the maps being outdated but if VW did some work in...
  12. T

LED headlight question

+1 I will also praise this kit. I have the same kit (mine's 5000K as well) from deautokey. They are fantastic. They seem to be well built and they are modified to be used in a halogen housing. (no blinding glare to oncoming traffic) The adapter that goes into the light housing is a bit...
  13. T

m

:) This is where I got the set that works on a B7 (and various other models). Plug and play. There also some drill-in kits that I may try on my Acura (has OEM door lights that face out, not down). Amazon link: 2PCS Universal Wireless Car Projection LED Projector Door Shadow Light Welcome...
  14. T

m

My 1st TDI thread (B7) My 1st TDI and 1st VW and 1st post. A 2012 Passat TDI SEL Premium. Opera Red. Got it about 7 weeks ago, CPO with 51K. I added a little subtle flair... <--- My new fuel saver. <--- Added "VW" chrome caps and Plates <--- Added a "TDI" badge to front grill. <---...