Recent content by TDI_Timmy

1. TDI_Timmy

P247A code

Just got car back from dealer. It was a fault for the EGT sensor #3 - part no. 03L-906-088-J
  2. TDI_Timmy

P247A code

All I could do was bump my service appointment up because I need a loaner. She said that since the check engine light is NOT flashing that it would be ok. Thanks for all your input.
  3. TDI_Timmy

P247A code

I searched first and got that. But for done reason didn't scroll long enough to see the diagnosis. Is this bad for the DPF? In regards to flashing check engine or solid check engine, I figure that if the engine seems to be running normally it's fine to keep going. Maybe I'm answering my own...
  4. TDI_Timmy

P247A code

Unfortunately don't have access to VAGCOM - however went to an auto parts store for a scan. Came back with code P247A - EGR temp out of range. Any ideas? Car is still under warranty - not worried about getting it fixed. I have my 20000 mile service on 1/31. Any think there is any harm driving...
  5. TDI_Timmy

A/C on and vinegar smell

It has been about a week since getting the car back from the dealer and the smell has not returned. They replaced the pollen filter (per TSB) and used a solution that would deodorize and kill anything on the evaporator. Unfortunately I don't have the TSB number. I still can't believe that the...
  6. TDI_Timmy

A/C on and vinegar smell

I'll look into the cabin filter as well. Thanks.
  7. TDI_Timmy

A/C on and vinegar smell

The thing that gets me is the low mileage our cars have and are getting this smell. 53 willys has 93K - I still think that is too low to be having these issues.
  8. TDI_Timmy

A/C on and vinegar smell

I called the dealer yesterday and made an appointment. There is a TSB for it, however was unable to get the number. The SA I was talking to reluctantly called it improper use of the HVAC system. Go figure - VW pinning it on the consumer once again. They will douse the evaporator with a...
  9. TDI_Timmy

A/C on and vinegar smell

I should add - that it isn't always present.
  10. TDI_Timmy

A/C on and vinegar smell

Well - I tried this today - didn't help things. I actually had the smell happening without the AC on and just the fan blowing, this was after sitting for some time. I could also smell it with the fan off. And while driving today with the AC on I didn't have the smell at all (recirc off) It...
  11. TDI_Timmy

A/C on and vinegar smell

Curing silicone caulk is another good description.
  12. TDI_Timmy

My DSG studdering and the dealer...

85steve - do a search for TDI hiccup, stutter, shudder, hesitation. Lots of reading. Mine does it occasionally when cold. Also read this post - not all applies but kind of gives you an idea. http://forums.tdiclub.com/showpost.php?p=2992400&postcount=7 I think the shudder is emissions related.
  13. TDI_Timmy

A/C on and vinegar smell

Car specifics - 2012 JSW TDI DSG - 12,800 miles, garage kept. For the past few weeks my wife and I have been smelling a vinegar odor when the AC is working. When I push the recirc button the smell goes away. At times it can be quite strong. Our MkVI TDI sedan did not have any odors when the AC...
  14. TDI_Timmy

Horn sounds weak

It is a dual pitch I believe. I don't know if it is two separate horns - if it is, perhaps the lower pitch one wasn't connected back up. I think the horns are located behind the bumper near where the fogs would be.
  15. TDI_Timmy

another mpg thread...

JohnnyG1 - remember, OP has a 6-speed manual and IIRC from a previous post in a different thread, you have a DSG. The manual trans has a taller 6th gear so the revs are considerably slower when going highways speeds. It is also too hard to compare mileage to other people because driving...