Recent content by TDI_Michael

1. T

coming up on 300K miles.

You can always make a counterhold tool out of flat bar which is what I did. Didn't cost much and not alot of work drilling and cutting the holes. I taped rags to the top where my hands would be while holding it. Crude but it works. [/IMG]
  2. T

coming up on 300K miles.

Alot of people look to change out the oil pump and chain/tensioner after 300k. The tensioner is plastic and would be the weak link of these parts but once you are in there might as well change all 3.
  3. T

My fallen headliner

Its not that bad of a job to do yourself especially if you don't have a sunroof.
  4. T

The 500k club!!

Bought new on 10-23-01. As I look back at the work I have done on it, it really has been a reliable and low cost to maintain vehicle as well as being fun to drive. Things that have been replaced include: 1 Starter 1 Clutch 1 Used transmission 1 Turbo 1 Replace camshaft & lifters 1 Complete...
  5. T

The 500k club!!

As of yesterday I am a member of the club. :D [/IMG]
  6. 500k

7. T

large idler pulley bolt questionf

Yeah, me either.
  8. T

WTB: #3 injector hard line. Leaking

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Injection-Pump-Fuel-Lines-1-9-TD-99-04-VW-Jetta-Golf-Mk4-Beetle-Genuine-/311783847377?hash=item4897c3f5d1:g:diUAAOSw2xRYgT6z&vxp=mtr...
  9. T

Blew my timing belt... need help!

Take one thing at a time. First remove the head, you definitely have damage there. From that point you will be able to manually rotate the engine and inspect the piston movement/height and have a better idea of the amount of damage.
  10. T

500,000 miles!

Congratulations, I hope to join the club in the club soon.
  11. T

Overdue strut replacement

483k. Hoping for half million by September.
  12. T

Finding TDC on #1 cylinder for timing belt help

I find the timing mark hard to see as well so I use an artists paint brush and a bright color mark on the tooth closest to the mark so I can tell when I am at the area. Then I still have to look closer and use a good light. Eyes are not as good as they used to be.
  13. T

Replace Expansion Valve??

If I have never replaced it before and I have the system depressured I replace the expansion valve. Easy to remove and replace and not expensive. It may not be necessary but thats what I do. The drier yes every time the system is broken into I replace it.
  14. T

Where do you splice in a new ABS sensor?

I wish I would have seen your post earlier as I found a new one on ebay for $50 bucks VW brand. I hated spending that much but new ones were almost twice that. Also for others that this happens to I see they sell the connector head on idparts for around 10 bucks if that is damaged. I appreciate...
  15. T

Where do you splice in a new ABS sensor?

There is no wire on the connector end that I can see at least. The connector stayed attached while the wires pulled out of it.