Recent content by TDI_ESEL

1. T

Leaving VW soon, need suggestions.

Not a VW lifer...for a reason. VWs certainly do have character and I won't argue that; they're fun to drive and seem to have a life of their own. It's sort of like a comfortable pair of shoes. But life goes on. Sooner or later every VW owner gets over the cool factor and starts confronting the...
  2. T

Ha. Ha. Ha. Very amusing, PS...as we all know the Miata is a gay-man's car. Even gayer than the Cabriolet and the Sebring combined. Combined into one gay car. Yikes. [ QUOTE ] POWERSTROKE said: Mazda Miata. [/ QUOTE ]
  3. T

Yeah, that's another one I've been looking at. The cool thing about the Camry is the oil filter is right there in the engine bay where you can grab it from above. [ QUOTE ] Oberkanone said: Toyota Camry SE would be my recommendation. [/ QUOTE ]
  4. T

A4 Golf. Tired of the usual VW concerns: terrible dealership support, parts breaking like a plastic toy from Hong Kong, cold-weather performance (starting, dip in fuel economy), and tired of rowing my own gears.
  5. T

All, I will soon be leaving the VW family (Don Corleone, KMA) and I need some suggestions on what my next ride should be. I - like a lot of former VW owners - have finally decided that Honda or Toyota is the way to go. I've narrowed the choice down to a Celica or an Accord. Anyone test-driven...
  6. T

where to purchase oil filter?

Autozone carries the proper STP filter and Parts America carries the Puralator. Both are fine. I use the STP.
  7. T

$420 cleaning bill?

If you're comfortable w/ tools you can certainly use the search feature for "intake cleaning 101" and DIY...just think of the things you can do w/ an "extra" $420 in your pocket! Hell, you could buy me a beer every day for a year for that!
  8. T

Where to buy Pella Oil Extractor in Edmonton, AB?

Overton to the rescue!!
  9. T

Another mod you don't need - power seats

Another mod you don\'t need - power seats You disappoint me, tongsli, I was thinking maybe you were going to install a Tire Pressure Monitoring System.
  10. T

Automatic folding mirrors, installed, PICS/MOVIE

Could we officialy re-title this thread to something along the lines of "pissing-away-money-for-absolutely-no-reason-mod"? Just my $.02.
  11. T

Got $12? make your timing belt change easier (and safer)

Re: Got $12? make your timing belt change easier I dunno...according to Mickey you can just jack it up from below...7th circle of Hell and all of that...
  12. T

thawing out a tdi in winter.....

That's one of biggest misconceptions concerning TDIs. A TDI *will* heat up on idle. I did it all last winter. Went out in 1 degree weather on any given February morning and started it up after two glow-plug cycles. Let it idle for 20 - 25 minutes. Temperature was 190 on the dot. Drove away...
  13. T

Has the TDI giving you a SPEEDING TICKET!!!!??

You bring up an excellent point. However, just to the right of the tach there's this really cool German car gauge called a "speedometer" (what will those crazy Germans think of next?) that will help out in situations like the one you mentioned. -cheers!
  14. T

FREE tensioner tool - well, almost free.. >>SOLD<<

FREE tensioner tool - well, almost free.... You have mail.
  15. T

How tcan I lock the car with engine running

Lock the door with the valet key while engine is running.