Recent content by TDI_Brad

1. T

Thinking about a 2014 Q5 TDI

Oh it'd get a software update ;) from Malone. If I decide to go with the TDI I'm not against getting a SQ5 both will have to be test driven. Sent from my iPhone using TheChive - KCCO!
  2. T

Thinking about a 2014 Q5 TDI

I got a call from the dealer saying they can now sell me the Used Q5 TDI prestige. I'm not sure what to think about that. I'd love to have the TDI but there are some uncertainties like why can they now sell it but not three weeks ago? Would I eligible for the Goodwill package if I bought it now...
  3. T

Audi Goodwill package

The sales guy I was talking to at the VW/Audi dealer I went to said I could use it on a DP but I did t actually purchase a new vehicle yet so I can't say for sure. I did just join ACNA so in six months when I'll be eligible for my Audi Club discount I will find out. Hopefully the 2017 Q5 will be...
  4. T

Audi Goodwill package

I spent my $500 visa from VW on a tune for my Passat and looked at a Q5 to spend my dealer $500 just to add it to my DP. But I may end up spending my VW $500 dealer card on tires or brakes and waiting to see what changes come for the 2017 Q5. I've been lurking on Audizine drooling over the Q5...
  5. T

Audi Goodwill package

Hey I just saw this and thought I would share with you guys. https://www.audiusa.com/about/diesel-information/v6-diesel looks to be the same deal VW gave out for the 2.0 TDI. Sent from my iPhone using TheChive - KCCO!
  6. T

EGT's how high is too high

I think the P3 was showing the RPMs instead of the EGTs even I cycled back through all readings. If the EGTs had been that high the red indicator bar would had been maxed out I think. When I got the P3 I was sent the wrong gauge module to begin with and they had to send me a new chip for it...
  7. T

That's with CR170 and DP too so not exactly apples to apples. Ken did say the sensor don't read over 1700 so that makes me wonder if that's really true if you got a reading above 1700 also. Sent from my iPhone using TheChive - KCCO!
  8. T

Ken Duncan made me feel better He says the sensors don't even read that high. So it must have been the P3 gauge giving a false reading. I did take a video in case it all Chernobyl on me. https://vimeo.com/153987029 Sent from my iPhone using TheChive - KCCO!
  9. T

No crazy EGTs today. That must have been an active regen cycle. I drove 80 on the interstate most of the way home even hit 120 passing a F250 EGTs didn't even break 1000* I still will be getting a downpipe. I'm thinking Buzzken. Sent from my iPhone using TheChive - KCCO!
  10. T

I'm still not sure what was up must have been a regen and never really cooled off or something. If it happens again this afternoon it's going back to the stock ECU tune. Which will be interesting to see how the stock tune with a DSG tune runs. Sent from my iPhone using TheChive - KCCO!
  11. T

I made it to work this morning with the highest EGT of 809 when I was passing a truck. But it was really foggy this morning so I was taking it easy on the go button. The trip home will probably be more spirited than this mornings trip. Sent from my iPhone using TheChive - KCCO!
  12. T

I know I don't want to smoke my turbo. I want a CR190 but not like that. Sent from my iPhone using TheChive - KCCO!
  13. T

Up until today the highest I'd seen was 1600. I have 80k on the car and I'd hope the DPF would last longer than that but if not a Rawtek or Buzzken pipe will be in my future real soon. I was trying to wait until after the dieselgate recall. Sent from my iPhone using TheChive - KCCO!
  14. T

So I was cruising down the interstate doing about 80mph and I decided to check my EGT on the P3 gauge. The temp at that monument was 2300*f and climbing reached 2600*f so I slowed down because I was worried from never seeing it that high but I've only had the gauge 2-3 weeks now so I'm not sure...
  15. T

2016, January 30 GTG at DanG144's Chapin, SC

Nate thanks for the eggs we had some this morning. Did we get your oil leak fixed? Sent from my iPhone using TheChive - KCCO!