Recent content by TDI4US

1. TDI4US

How is the skiing in New Hampshire?

Skied at Killington today. Great Day... had 12 inches of fresh light snow in the morning and got fresh trackes for the first couple runs. By the end of the day another 12 inches of snow fell. Did I mention it was a Great Day...
  2. TDI4US

Sitting in the house at Killington VT waiting for the snow to begin. Always interesting to see how much snow we really get vs the snow report that the mountains report. Will give an update tomorrow after the snow hits.
  3. TDI4US

Was skiing last weekend at Killington in VT. They had the majority of the mountain open. I would say that 65% of the trails were in decent shape, the rest had thin cover. They were blowing snow like crazy. As long as winter stays put and we don't see the 60 degree rainy days you should find...
  4. TDI4US

Zerostart for the US Market?

Here's the link to the instructions for the Zerostart 8000 http://pics.tdiclub.com/data/517/ZEROSTART_SERIES_8000_HEATER_INSTALLATION.pdf
  5. TDI4US

Zerostart for the US Market?

Just installed the Zerostart 1000 Watt heater from jcwhitney, $39.99 for the heater, needed a heater hose from Napa part number 10785, $19.99 for the hose, and some straight heater hose $1.98. Had some replacement antifreeze already but as it say's elsewhere in the post I only lost less than a...
  6. TDI4US

My Engine Mount Problem (with pics)

This thread has been enlightining and somewhat concerning. I found this thread while researching a problem that I'm having with hard shifting of my 2003 Jetta when I started thinking it might have something to do with a bad motor mount when a strange noise and a "strange feeling" when in...
  7. TDI4US

Contaminants drained from fuel filter

Just purchased my first TDI and this forum is great. I have been going through and doing all the rcommended services and improvements. This forum makes it easy. Just changed the fuel filter and there was a couple tablespoons of brown liquid (I exspected water but not brown stuff). Is this...
  8. TDI4US

WTB OEM MKIV Jetta Headlights with FOGS!!

Saw this last night when looking for an HID conversion for my 2003 jetta. http://www.vw-parts-direct.com/epc-items.asp
  9. TDI4US

December 2006 Mileage competition !

First tank of diesel as the new owner, 51.029 MPG, I love this ride. Other ride is a 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 gets 14.5 mpg with a strong tailwind. Driver: TDI4US Miles: 528 Gallons: 10.347 Model Year: 2003 Model: A4 Tranny: M5 Fuel Type: ULSD 51.028 mpg
  10. TDI4US

Carfax request

The right price? We're think we found a nice used TDI but wanted to see if we could find out more about it. Any way to get some details on VIN#: 3VWCP21C21M462570 ? And is $10,900 a fair price for a 2001 Volkswagen New Beetle GLS TDI with 110K miles? Thx Brian - brianlac@comcast.net