Recent content by TDI4MI

1. T

This post is for the audiophiles.

I just put in a new CAR710W receiver to get better sound and car play. Old head unit was bad, so this was the green light. I verified all colors and got the pre-wired harness from Crutchfield as well. My 2 door 2000 VW Golf ALH is a non-monsoon system. No amps, and 6 CD removed. I am using the...
  2. T

Help identify new sound.

I want to say its a starter issue, however its not consistent and it does not sound like a starter noise.
  3. T

Help identify new sound.

No codes on VCDS, no CEL, no concerns on performance or RPMs.
  4. T

Help identify new sound.

I have a odd sound when starting the 1.9... it seems to happen after sitting. When I turn it off and back on, it does not seem to do this. It sounds like a grind.
  5. T

Electrical gurus!

I have a new alternator, belt, and idler, so going to pop those on.
  6. T

Electrical gurus!

Cleaned up trans bell one. Had the battery replaced 6-8 months ago and will re check under battery.
  7. T

Electrical gurus!

So I have a 2000 1.9 golf M/T that i noticed has a fluctuating idle of 40-100 RPM randomly. Other times it’s spot on at 903. IQ is 3.6, deviation is close on all 4 not close to surpassing 2.0 +\- Worse with AC running, but when the cooling fans run, it does this as well (both AC and cooling fans...
  8. T

Hip/Hop - not the music.

New New fuel filter and diesel purge has helped smooth out motor and add power. Still getting the oscillation of RPM on load (AC). I believe I saw that someone had their system overcharged and this possibly caused the issue of the engine RPM, due to the pressure. What VCDS meas bock is timing...
  9. T

Hip/Hop - not the music.

I have seen some air bubbles in the fuel line. I got a new filter with orings to put in, so I will report. But I thought that was normal? Injectors were going to be replaced soon, with the mileage and original injectors....I figured it may need.
  10. T

Hip/Hop - not the music.

I've got an issue where my 2000 MK4 tdi 1.9 golf oscillates RPM while at an idle ONLY, normally only under a load, like A/C. While driving, the RPM is steady, and power is fine. I don't believe its a misbalanced fan, as the fans are intact and they run fine with AC off or when turning car...
  11. T

Bouncing Idle - Experts needed

I've got an issue where my 2000 MK4 tdi 1.9 golf bounces or oscillates RPM while at an idle ONLY. During commutes and while driving, the RPM is steady, and power is fine. This idle fluctuation happens when the fans and/or AC is running. I don't believe its a misbalanced fan, as the fans or AC...
  12. T

Interior Light Problem

I have the exact issue! I am trying to chase it down...any idea what this was? I get the same code...and my lights might stop working, all interior, I notice that if I hit one of the lights, the "door ajar" light usually illuminates, otherwise it does not when I open up the doors. I tap the CCM...
  13. T

CCM relay issue

Do you recall which relay and did they solder a new one in? I have a donor unit, but it also has issues...so I am trying to determine if I can isolate and correct.
  14. T

CCM relay issue

How does one record the soft coding? VCDS?
  15. T

Interior lights dead, not the door switch

I believe to have an issue with the CCM relay and interior lights... could you detail how you resolved it?