Recent content by TDI WNY

1. T

LCA torque levels

When I replaced my timing belt and waterpump I had to raise and lower the engine. Would that help you?
  2. T

Alternator Pulley

tdidieselbobny, was your oil pan cover foam saturated with oil like mine is near the drain plug? Did you reattach the oil pan cover after taking it off? Do you plan to do anything about the dampness?
  3. T

Alternator Pulley

Do you still have the belly pan cover? There is a sound absorption material on top of the belly pan which needs to be saturated first before any oil drops to the ground. Keep an eye on your oil dip stick.
  4. T

Alternator Pulley

I probably have the weapage of oil, but not enough to want to tear all that apart. I'm sure I don't exceed 1L of oil per 10K miles. 109K on mine.
  5. T

Alternator Pulley

Did not replace plastic flange that has a seal. Not sure where that is?
  6. T

Need to Replace Rear Coil Springs

I doubt coils were ever replaced before. I bought this one new in 17.
  7. T

I'm going to rotate tires, good suggestion. The rear coils I purchased from local VW dealer. Did not replace front struts. Pricey not sure if needed?
  8. T

Alternator Pulley

2.0 TDI Timing belt & water pump replacement - MK7 VW Golf CRBC You tube Video by DIY Daly I never used The Camshaft Sprocket Counterhold Tool I watched all the Youtube videos, the one above was best for me. Watched it multiple times. I also was sold an aftermarket water pump which did not...
  9. T

Alternator Pulley

I did replace the clutch pulley, noise subsided with timing belt kit and water pump replacement.
  10. T

Alternator Pulley

Not sure how to describe the noise, but it was a squeal. Timing belt kit and new water pump fixed the noise.Original water pump failure at 39K started the noise. Coolant leak may have caused the noise. Changing the waterpump fixed leak only at 39K. I wish I would have insisted that the dealer...
  11. T

Replacement was straight forward no issues. I was sent the wrong Bilstein shock replacements so I put the originals back on. Basil VW told me my springs were not part of the recall. My only issue now is the tires seem not to like the new coils. The car drives perfectly straight. I had an...
  12. T

Basil is the dealer that found the springs broken upon a NYS inspection. I'll ask them.
  13. T

Thanks pedroYUL! I ordered the Bilstein B6 shocks from FCP. Greg at IDParts told me: " doing the Bilsteins in the front when the time comes as well." Oilhammer mentioned in an old post that the Bilstein shocks last longer.
  14. T

I just brought my 2015 VW GSW TDI SEL in for a NY Vehicle inspection. I was notified that both rear coil springs were broken. They broke at the base and still supply support. Without the dealer telling me, I never would have known. It appears to be a straight forward repair. I want to do it...