Recent content by TDI smile

1. TDI smile

How to properly warm up a TDI

START the engine and drive right away.
  2. TDI smile

Storm Area 51

2 folks from Holland got to see the inside of an american jail, acc. to a German Newspaper (BILD).
  3. TDI smile

What did you do to your MKIV today?

Tires balanced and rotated
  4. TDI smile

How long will you keep your mk4

I have my 2002 GOLF IV TDI now for 17 years and only 505,000 km on the engine. hope to keep the car many more years, or until I do my last flight.
  5. TDI smile

Diesel Oil, or "Here we go again!"

1 of our members here goes way over 20,000 and he is a Mechanic!
  6. TDI smile

Why do You Still Have Your MK4 TDI?

I have a 2002 TDI with over 504,000 km, drives great and makes me smile whenever I drive by a Gas Station. First owner and I'll keep it forever.
  7. TDI smile

For those that have owned multiple VW’s

After 18 month Fort Bliss / TX I had enough money to buy a new 1600 TL Fastback in Germany and that was in 64. That was my first VW and now I'm at 23 (2002 TDI). Might be my last one, since this one runs and runs forever. I hope so!
  8. TDI smile

ALH Cam wear :-(

My engine was never touched. Everything is ORIGINAL on the engine.
  9. TDI smile

500,000 km

Pic of 500,000 km Coming up. Have to download from cam... Thanks
  10. TDI smile

500,000 km

Today I hit the 500,000km mark..... As I said before, this is our 23rd VW Product. This engine is just like it left the factory. 3rd TB, 2nd clutch, but that was it. Hope I get old enough to see a few more km on the "meter"!
  11. TDI smile

What generation is my TDI

Not ALL VW Dealers use the correct Oil
  12. TDI smile

Any old-timers left? (I joined in 1999.)

I will keep my 02 TDI with close to 500,000 km and will drive it until I go on my last flight. By age I'm an Oldtimer, but by speed not!!!!!?
  13. TDI smile

Glow plugs

Thats the way to do do it!:D
  14. TDI smile

Anyone gel up in this brutal cold?

Here in Edmonton we are lucky. WINTER DIESEL goes to -48 C. It's only around -20 to -26 C over the weekend...My TDI starts on the first try and runs smooth like a VW should.