Recent content by TDI Jim

1. T

ALH engine without injection pump, timing belt or flywheel- how to time while adding an 02M transmission, etc?

Thanks guys, will start on it tomorrow after another full day's work on this project. IP and accessory bracket are finally off on old engine and cleaning them up tomorrow before installing on the new to me engine. Email sent to Frans as well to see if he can add anything. Your advice of...
  2. T

ALH engine without injection pump, timing belt or flywheel- how to time while adding an 02M transmission, etc?

I purchased a used ALH longblock engine and it does not have a timing belt due to no injection pump on the engine, which is not at TDC based on the #1 cam lobes pointing down, and also there is no flywheel or transmission (I am upgrading to an 02M transmission with a Sachs PD dual mass...
  3. T

WTB B4V (Passat wagon) rear gate lock core

Buy a new one from Latvia on ebay, made by Topran
  4. T

Radiator question

The off brands can have issues with the plastic piece extension connection leaking on the lower radiator hose. I would go valeo or nissens, but can understand when money is tight as we have all been there.
  5. T

Comment by 'TDI Jim' in media 'KIMG1239.JPG'

PM sent for vents
  6. T

Oil Pressure Light Goes On around 2,200 rpm

It could also be the wire connectors for the oil pressure sensors are backwards.
  7. T

Braided Turbo Feed Line Kit VW A3/B4 AHU/1Z Replaces Original 028145771BC

I have 3 B4 Passats, 2 wagons, one a sedan. One of my wagons has the oil feed line to the end of the cylinder head (so probably a 1Z) and wanted to change it to feeding off the oil cooler and move the low pressure oil senor from the cooler to end of cylinder head like on my AHU's.
  8. T

Braided Turbo Feed Line Kit VW A3/B4 AHU/1Z Replaces Original 028145771BC

Looks like a great upgrade! Can you also install this on a 1996 1Z/AHU so it supplies oil from the oil cooler area directly to the turbo, instead of from the cylinder head?
  9. T

AHU/1Z 11mm pump mounting kit $100

All I need is the machined part, since I have an ALH IP sprocket.
  10. T

AHU/1Z 11mm pump mounting kit $100

Let me know if you have another one, or info on it, thanks
  11. T

97 Blurple Sedan Going to the Boneyard

I can get down there next week Tom, in Boston this week.