Recent content by TDI Believer

1. TDI Believer

Where Did You End Up Finding Your Awesome Touareg?

Apple Valley Chevrolet in Martinsburg,WV had six of them. A very nice low mileage silver TDI Exec is now ours. Took it on a trip this weekend. Love it!
  2. TDI Believer

FS: 2010 Jetta Sportwagen TDI

Candy White/Black, DSG, Cold Weather Pkg, iPod hookup. 41K miles (all highway). We are selling because my wife had spine fusion and needs a taller vehicle with a power lift gate. We have had zero problems with this car. It just had full 40K service, incl. DSG service. We have used Stanadyne...
  3. TDI Believer

Tax Credit Denied by IRS

Hmmm. I just claimed the $1,300 on my 2010 taxes. Hopefully there there won't be any issues with that.
  4. TDI Believer

Stanadyne in 2010 TDI

I've been using Stanadyne Lubricity Formula in our '10 JSW for 11 months and 23K miles with no issues.
  5. TDI Believer

Add 12v power to center console

Did you look on the back of the center console...behind the little cover there? EDIT: Oh wait...you're looking for 12V.
  6. TDI Believer

Best Extractor for 09 CR?

When I changed the oil on mine using the Pela 6000 I got precisely 4L out.
  7. TDI Believer

How many Jettas without problems

2010 JSW w/DSG. 5,600 miles. Perfect so far.
  8. TDI Believer

HO5G GTG June 26

Dollie and I are thinking about driving up for this one.
  9. TDI Believer

First Maintenance and Tinkering (Yawn...)

DBW doesn't like the Pela? It's the greatest invention since bottled beer! BTW: I wonder what Castrol paid to have their Ad molded into the oil filler cap on VWs. Shameless! No doubt my pretty new wagon will explode since I sucked out the factory fill early using a Pela and used M1 ESP instead...
  10. TDI Believer

I pump the Pela 20 times. That's enough to empty the crankcase. It takes about 10 minutes. I also use the Pela to remove oil from the filter canister and oil cooler. I notice on the CJAA engine that I can't get as far down into the oil cooler as I could with previous TDIs.
  11. TDI Believer

Glad to help. Sent you a private message.
  12. TDI Believer

Changed the oil today after passing the 5K miles mark on the odometer. (Yeah, I know the book says 10K. I'll go to 10K intervals after 10K.) Typical easy TDI oil change. 4L out with the Pela 6000, 4L of Mobil 1 ESP in. What's up with the position of the oil filter though? A bit of a pain...
  13. TDI Believer

IMPEX Fest IX MAY 15,2010

I had hoped to come out and help today but I can't get away from work in time. I will be there with Cisco tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing old friends and making new ones!
  14. TDI Believer

Colgan Bra

I've got one on my '10 JSW. It took about 4 weeks for it to arrive. Beautiful fit and quality. The is the fourth cover I've bought from carbras.com. All were top quality.