Recent content by TCBaker

1. TCBaker

As opposed to putting in the web address of the server that had the image I did an upload from my local drive and it worked. Not exactly what I wanted to do, but it worked. Thanks
  2. TCBaker

That is what I was doing, but when I click OK I get: "Remote file uploads have been disabled." I'm not trying to upload it, just post the link to it that is on a public web server.
  3. TCBaker

Okay, what am I doing wrong. When I try to point to the URL and click OK I get a message that says that uploads have been disabled.
  4. TCBaker

Swapping in rear defrost button w/timer?

I've had mine in for about 2 weeks so far, so good. But I'll keep an eye out for strange things happening
  5. TCBaker

Euro convex side mirrors... Heinz57

Thanks, I went ahead and ordered a set. Hopefully they won't take to long to come in.:D Thanks
  6. TCBaker

Euro convex side mirrors... Heinz57

Jetta_Pilot; How do you like the ones that you got from E-Bay? Are the good quality, or cheap knock offs. I see that they are shipped from Hong Kong, but that alone does not make them bad.
  7. TCBaker

2003 Jetta Wagon Sunroof Drain

I have a 2003 Sedan, so mine may be different. On mine they are just below the rear threshold. Open the rear doors and you will see a back plastic oval grommet between the threshold, and the bottom of the car.
  8. TCBaker

Bluetooth capability

This looks very cool, I will need to check more into this. Troy
  9. TCBaker

Please help me clarify this...

With power, you will alway yearn for more.
  10. TCBaker

What is the closest that Rocket Chip.....

That is exactly what I have been trying to convey. Having the tuner there post program, this the only way to go if you are trying to get 100% out of the equipment that you have. My guess that if you sent the ECU in, the program may be a little more conservative than it would be if Jeff was to...
  11. TCBaker

I can understand pulling the logs via Vag-Comm. Hopefully the person has access to a Vag-Comm, not all people do (Though they should). RC can then take a pretty good estimate of what needs to be done and tweak a program that he feels that would best suit that applcation. However, without a...
  12. TCBaker

How can that be if he can’t see the car? Sure he can do a brief interview with the owner and choose a base program from that, but my guess it is going to be a pre-made program not a custom one. Something like you have stock injectors you get package A., or you have .205’s you get package B...
  13. TCBaker

Stablizer Bushings

Here is Swaybar bushing hope that helps.
  14. TCBaker

Swapping in rear defrost button w/timer?

If anyone was waiting to find out for sure if this mod works, it does. The conditions were right to be able to test the switch. The rear glass was cleared of moisture, and the rear defroster turned it self off. In my opinion this is a very functional mod if you one a 2003 or later
  15. TCBaker

is there a 3rd party vag-com discussion???

From what I understand, the cable that you have will work on your 2000 Jetta. You will of course need to download the Vag-com software, and for full functionality you will need to buy the full registered copy. On your 2006 I believe that you will need the actual VAG-COM cable due to the CAN...