Recent content by tbones

1. T

FS 1996 B4 Passat Wagon 5 speed TDI $3,000 Bozeman, MT / Carbondale, CO

Thanks for getting back to me, and how ling have you had it? Have you done any major work to it? Thanks steve
  2. T

FS 1996 B4 Passat Wagon 5 speed TDI $3,000 Bozeman, MT / Carbondale, CO

Hi, did your wagon ever sell? I can’t tell from the pictures if there’s any rust, or for that matter what color it is… Blurple, gray or black? Thanks, Steve.
  3. T

Looking to sell '96 Passat TDI. 184k. Runs well. Has numerous other issues. Baltimore MD. Any advice?

Hi did you sell your passat yet? (Im in Annapolis) Regards steve
  4. T

96' Passat wagon project -VA- $1500

Hey there, I need another project before like a hole in the head, but do you have any pictures? thanks, Steve
  5. T

Interesting issue with clutch

Hi guys, Thanks for your replies, that’s exactly what I figured… I get it intermittently and have been loathe to actually tear into it to find out other than replace the hydraulics which did not do the trick. Abacus, I bought a replacement South Bend 2E clutch, and was wondering if I used a...
  6. T

Nobody has had an issue with a clutch not disengaging that wasn’t a hydraulic issue?
  7. T

Water leak on front passenger side floor?

Thanks Todd, but as I mentioned, I’m going to replace the entire interior in the near future… Going from beige to black, leather, heated seats. If anybody actually needs a extremely nice beige cloth interior for their wagon, mine will be available… All plastic, headliner and seats, etc.
  8. T

Hi gang, I’ve been playing with a car I purchased last year, trying to get the clutch to work. the hydraulic system I thought was the problem does not appear to be so. I replace both the master and the slave cylinders and bled the system properly. With the engine off, I can hear the system...
  9. T

Water leak on front passenger side floor?

I had this issue last year, it turns out it’s my sunroof, so for right now I have it taped shut. I plan to do an interior swap and woke up the car, and find out why that is leaking up there. This has been the most annoying persistent problem on my 96 passat!
  10. T

Totaled B4V, buy back from insurance?

Bummer… Another light blue wagon bites the dust! I’ve been looking for this, or the dark blue one as a start of a project, but I haven’t found one to do yet. I have a crusty B4V, but that’s not what you need it looks like. I was considering Charlie’s but decided it was just going to be too...
  11. T

Checking the resistance on the third injector

UPDATE: Well, after replacing the injectors, and tracing wiring, it turned out to be the ECU! I've NEVER had an ECU go bad... first time for everything. I had a good one in a 96 parts sedan and swapped it out and things are back to good working order with no dash lights flashing at me.
  12. T

hi veggie folks, does anyone have the hose routing diagram for an old Greasecar 2 valve setup?

hi All, I'm interested in replacing and reattaching the hoses to my WVO Greasecar system in my 96 B4V, and was hoping someone could post a picture of the routing of the 6 hoses( I can't find my old instruction booklet that showed the diagram) thanks, Steve
  13. T

I did the resistance check, and it seems to be in parameters. Now I’m worried that there is a broken wire somewhere in the harness. Has anybody had that issue, and is there a common place for it to have broken?
  14. T

crickets... SO I replaced my Bosio power plus 764 injectorsset up by DBW with Bosio P520s that a person had Kerma or DBW set up properly, and never installed them. My B4V is running about the same, and the GP light is still flashing. I'm worried one of the two little wires is broken...
  15. T

The "What did you do to your B4 today" thread...

Hi Steve, yes my 96 Passat wagon. It has zero rust so that would not be the issue, but it lived its first half of its life in sunny Florida… Then moved up here since 04.