Recent content by tat2

1. tat2

99.5 Jetta Tdi

Anyone interested in a 99.5 Jetta Tdi? Its been wrecked on the front driver's side. Went off the road and it got some water. It's been sitting about 3 years. When I got it from the tow yard I drove it onto a dolly but been sitting since then. It has DLC 1019 nozzles Malone stage two chipped...
  2. The daily driver project

The daily driver project

Mods
  3. tat2

Overheating ONLY at highway speeds

check your hoses if they are very soft and spongy change them. at highway speeds the pressure from the pump circulating the coolant can collapse your hoses but when your driving around the city not going as fast the coolant flows but its not enough pressure built up to collapse them. hope this...
  4. tat2

Hid question

I plan on doing it the right way just wanted to make sure I order the right things.
  5. tat2

Hid question

Yes I have dual document bulbs.
  6. tat2

Hid question

One more thing. Is the correct kit high/low 9007? Thats what everything I see says but when I go to order the kit it says it don't fit. Thanks again
  7. tat2

Hid question

Awesome! Thats wonderful.. Thanks very much for the fast response.
  8. tat2

Hid question

Maybe some one can help. I have a 99.5 jetta that I am starting to do the whole HID conversion on. I am wondering if I need to buy the canceled or not? I cannot find a straight answer if the warning light gets thrown on these years or not. Figured someone who has done it already could let me...
  9. tat2

WTB: dieselgeek short shifter for mk4

If anyone happens to have one they want to get rid of or maybe getting rid of a car with one I would like to get my hands on one Thanks
  10. tat2

Advice on buying parts

I found a set on eBay from xkd-vag parts. Any experience with them?
  11. tat2

Advice on buying parts

Looking to buy a new clutch master and slave cylinder. Are there any good aftermarket part places or should I stick with OEM?
  12. tat2

Wtb Mk4 floor mat

Looking to buy a driver side floor mat (black). Mine has a hole from being well used. Thanks
  13. tat2

Nuisance noise

Bump for some fresh eyes and ears
  14. tat2

Nuisance noise

Thanks.. It took a few nights and several tries for everything to be right. That's what I was thinking but I would think that would be more consistent and have a more grinding sound. I see a lot of stuff about bushings and other suspension parts. So I'm hoping a guru will run across this and...
  15. tat2

Nuisance noise

Nuisance noise help Please help identify this noise!! It's a rubberish squeak/squeal that seems to be from the left front. It seems to happen mostly while turning left. Sometimes don't hear it at all. If I'm going down the Hwy and hear it I can usually slow down, and it goes away around...