Recent content by tamorgen

1. T

A Source for VW terminals.

Like graeme86 said, 000 979 133 is 1.0 mm wire. N 906 844 05 is the contact you will need. They are readily available at the dealer (usually). However, 14 gauge wire is going to be too thick. 1.0mm wire is somewhere around 18 gauge. http://www.simetric.co.uk/siwire_elect.htm
  2. T

To my knowledge (could be wrong), that one is only available in repair wire form. Take a look at this page for a reference. If anyone knows differently, please correct me.
  3. T

VAS programmer around DC?

Yeah, I'm a little skeptical too, but they are out there. From China of course...
  4. T

VAS programmer around DC?

I'm looking for a VW mechanic who can help me on the side, or someone who may have a VAS in the Maryland/DC/NoVA area. I need to have my door controller's firmware updated to correct a fault that will not allow me to use the Rain Closure feature available on MKV's with RLS. I have the...
  5. T

This is the one I have. I know there are probably better ones, but it works fine for my purposes. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000K1CFXO
  6. T

I have one more set of 25 of the cluster pins for anyone that is interested. To be clear, I am talking about the terminals on the end of repair wire 000 979 009, or pin N 907 647 01 They look like this: I ordered 125 of them. 75 are gone; I'm keeping 25. Anybody who is interested, let me know.
  7. T

Chris, I've got yours packed up and labeled, but I'll have to hit the post office in tomorrow for yours. They don't like doing international shipments online. No worries though. It'll give me a chance to stretch my legs at lunch time.
  8. T

Yeah, I know. I can't believe I've been spending money on repair wires all these years. $30 crimper and $0.14 - $0.55 terminals is a far better deal. I've got your's packed up and ready to put in the mail box in the morning. Shipping labels are ready too.
  9. T

John, I got yours packed up and ready to go out in the morning.
  10. T

Guys, the pins came in yesterday. I can get them sent out this evening after work. Okay, here is the math: Total with shipping for 125 pins was $26.59. That works out to about $0.21 per pin, or $5.32 for 25 pins. That's still less than the price for one repair wire from VW! I'll ship...
  11. T

Update on shipping costs. I just got an invoice from Onlinecomponents.com. They hadn't figured in the shipping costs when I checked out, they do that afterwards. Anyway, shipping for my $17.50 order were $9.09. That adds a little cost to each terminal. I figured it out, and that makes each...
  12. T

Like I said, it'll cost $3.50 for 25 terminals. Shouldn't be more than a buck or $1.50 to ship wherever to you. They aren't exactly heavy. I can put them in small envelope and mail them to you when I get them.
  13. T

Have you on the list Turbocharged798 - 25 Blizzard60 - 25
  14. T

I placed an order a little while ago for 125 of the cluster pins. I only want 25, so the two of you have the next 50. If you want to prepay, thats fine. It's $3.50 for 25 @ $0.14 each, plus lets say $1.50 to ship. Sound good? You can paypal me at scubadivertim@gmail.com As far as a proper...
  15. T

Turbocharged, I'm in the same boat regarding the cluster pins. I just ordered butt load of terminals from my dealer, but they can't get 000 979 009 in at all for whatever reason. I was thinking ordering some from Online Components (like 25 or 30 of them). To make the $15 minimum, would you like...