Recent content by Talon

1. T

flashing glow plug light-scan included

Thanks for the info. I'll look for a loose connection/plug.
  2. T

On all the time now checked all the standard things oil, air/fuel filters. Glow plug warning light started flashing 10 miles from home CEL came on 25 miles later on my way home. New egr, new dpf, new charged air cooler put in under warranty in the last 5000 miles.
  3. T

Glow plug harness plug dissasembly

Thank you, got through 15 pages of the 60 with no luck. Can't figure out how to post a couple photos.
  4. T

Glow plug harness plug dissasembly

Bought a new glow plug 4 wire harness. Found 2 of the wires were not crimped on the plug end that goes in the wire runway. Anyone ever taken one apart? If I can I'd like to repair & solder this one instead of returning it and waiting on another. Any instructions on pin removal for repair are...
  5. T

I had this happen to me on Monday driving to Wisconsin from Alabama in 50* + weather. Started up an on ramp and at the top the glow plug light started flashing and the car went into limp mode just as I was merging into traffic. I pulled over, shut it off restarted and no issue after that & so...
  6. T

Slow loss of mpg

Thank you sir. I'll look into the items you outlined in the article.
  7. T

Slow loss of mpg

I have a manual ALH Jetta wagon that I've put about 160k miles on. I've noticed that over that time I have gone from 49 mpg by the tank full to about 42 mpg. I drive the same places each week with the same driving style. Any suggestions on what to check?
  8. T

2013 sportwagen no crank update towed to dealership

Thanks for the info. Reliability is the thing that separates us from the '70's when you were really not sure if your car would start or last 100k. Guess I'll have to drive my '03 in the winter or some kind of delete for my '13. God bless you all.
  9. T

Now that I have my car back. Is there a cure for the icing/ water build up? I understand that covering the grill is kind of a band aid that still allows the ice and water issue to happen. Thanks for the help.
  10. T

Yep. VW customer care said they would not recommend against the dealership. While at the dealership to pick up my car I found out it was a parts manager that was covering the service manager job. The fellow that checked me out read the paperwork and his copy had 3 pages mine had one. The young...
  11. T

Vw customer care called and they are not covering the repairs to my car. The dealership and vw customer care do not know how I got water in my engine but did install the cold weather charge air cooler kit. No more vw for me, principal thing.
  12. T

Now the dealership says vw customer care is unavailable and vw customer care says the dealership is not available. Guess it'll have to sit there a while. I had zero issues until the DPF and EGR were replaced under warranty. It's still on the first tank of fuel. A serious canine and equestrian...
  13. T

Now the dealership manager is asking why I have not picked up my car. Vw customer care says they are waiting on an update from the dealership.
  14. T

Ok the newest update. Last contact on Wednesday was my case has been given to a regional customer service person and I should know in 2 business days. On the second business day I receive a message from the regional customer service person saying they are waiting on an update and they'll get...
  15. T

No response from the vw customer service since last week I know Friday- Sunday were Christmas. Sent an inquiry email response yesterday morning, after leaving Monday for them to get caught up. With the workload and COVID stuff.