Recent content by ta79pr

1. ta79pr

VNT17 - GT1749VB - Snub nose outlet mod.

You got a part number for that OEM adapter?
  2. ta79pr

2004 Jetta BEW wont start!

I have a BEW, I had to replace the crankshaft position sensor. The first replacement was defective. With the key on, and engine off, if I wiggled the pigtail wiring of the new sensor - the tach would fluctuate. The "new" sensor was DOA.
  3. ta79pr

BEW Timing Belt Replacement: Tensioner Problems?

Here is another pic from today (cold engine). The tensioner pointer is way left of the window. Do I stop driving and buy a kit? Belt seems tight, she drives great.... http://imgur.com/72LIOe8
  4. bew_timing_belt_tensioner

bew_timing_belt_tensioner

5. ta79pr

BEW Timing Belt Replacement: Tensioner Problems?

I was doing a torsion tweak and noticed my tensioner alignment is outside the window. Mine is about midpoint of post #17's (above pic) position. The alignment triangle is left of the window. Does that mean the belt is getting sloppy? Engine was warm. image below
  6. ta79pr

05 Volvo S40 T5 small crack in cylinder sleeve

compression You raise a good point. Pardon my ignorance. The compression (cold) read as follows: #1=60 psi, #2=10 psi, #3=20 psi, #4=45 psi, #5=90 psi. I will try to post a good pic of both sides of the head gasket.
  7. ta79pr

Just looking for some feedback and perhaps any pointers. Not my car, helping a neighbor. It looked like a coolant hose on the oil cooler popped and she overheated. Car failed compression test; we were hoping for just a head gasket. The timing was still spot on. Pics attached. Head and block do...
  8. 05 Volvo S40 T5 small crack in cylinder sleeve

9. 05 Volvo S40 T5 small crack in cylinder sleeve

10. ta79pr

Audi TT Control Arm in MkIV ?

With those dorbritz sway bar mounts, you have turned 90 degrees. Will they clear the wheel like that? Only asking because I thought that was why OEM had the sway bar mount on the inside of the strut. But if it clears I like your geometry better. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
  11. ta79pr

Volkswagen's Clean Air Act violations on 2009+ TDIs spark huge recall, investigations

For the sake of academic discussion, I am surprised by VAG’s immediate “confession” in this situation. I would have expected them to make an argument comparing their programming to the Princeton Review or other test prep services. They knew precisely what the test was; they tailored/programmed...
  12. ta79pr

'01 Audi A4 1.8T quattro TDI Conversion

I did a TDI swap into a TT (BEW). Granted the TT is more of a golf, i.e. VW, than your A4, but I did have similar cluster issues as the TT cluster is pure Audi. For whatever its worth, here are my two cents: "a) where's the RPM signal wire on the BHW harness? I didn't see it anywhere in the...
  13. ta79pr

Intermittent no-start

Did you notice the tachometer move while cranking, it could be a janky crankshaft position sensor that just reads null sometimes when hot on a restart and that may not throw a code. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
  14. ta79pr

6 speed clutch bleeding nightmare

What is the wizardry process you are describing? Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
  15. ta79pr

'01 Audi A4 1.8T quattro TDI Conversion

I just used tin snips and cut the flap in the filler neck and the flap housing out. I did drop a few pieces into the tank and had to fish that out via the tank side, but it isnt that bad when everything is all apart. For reference, the TDI quattro fuel pump part numbers are as follows...