Recent content by T4RBoarder

1. T

Mk7 High Mileage Thread

Stock @ 111k miles. Since purchase @74k: Timing Belt/Water pump @88k (pump leaked), Control Arms/End Links, and Blower Motor. Current needs: Struts, Oil Leaks within the past 10k, and the clutch is a little iffy feeling at times (engagement shudder when warm).
  2. T

Who has a Water Pump go bad?

VWoA told me to kick rocks when I asked about having the WP covered on mine. Both dealer and Indy quote me ~1800 for the complete job.
  3. T

What did you do to your MK7 today?

Spent 7 weeks at the shop but finally got it back, detailed, and in summer mode. Fresh detail and refinished wheels.
  4. T

EA288 Cam Issue? '15 GSW

They have been providing me a free loaner questions asked since week 1 into waiting for the water pump. I'm hoping they take their time this time around, especially given the amount of labor involved for doing this all again, when I spoke to them last week they were waiting on replacement single...
  5. T

EA288 Cam Issue? '15 GSW

740, it seems very close to how they described it. greengeeker, the only documentation I have is on the RO where it says "WARRANTY" under all the pricing lines. I spoke with customer care and they told me they have no way to see what a dealer submits or gets approved for warranty claims. If...
  6. T

EA288 Cam Issue? '15 GSW

Well the car is back, so far everything seeeems ok but I've only personally put about 50 miles on it. They put some miles on it themselves as well. The RO states "removed timing cover & ensured crank, cam, and injection pump were timed correctly. suspect damaged camshaft, removed valve cover...
  7. T

EA288 Cam Issue? '15 GSW

I'm glad I'm not the only one that is leaning towards #3 too. Ticaf, I would have loved to do it myself or an indy but it went to the dealer for warranty purposes (TDI and third party). I kept calling every few days but they swore the pump was on backorder. I finally gave another local dealer...
  8. T

EA288 Cam Issue? '15 GSW

Hey guys, Backstory: As some of you have seen in a couple posts my car has been at my local dealer for over a month now waiting on a replacement water pump/full timing belt service after the other unit started leaking at ~90k miles (original? unknown). After being told the water pump was on...
  9. T

Leaking coolant- options moving forward

My TDI sitting at the shop was quoted $1800 by both the dealer and a local VW indy for the complete job. Mine however has been sitting since the 2nd waiting on a new superseded water pump (don't know the official part number) that they say is on intergalactic backorder and they still have no...
  10. T

2015 Passat failed water pump out of warranty

My preferred indy shop quoted $1800 as well :/ and I was just told the pump is actually on backorder, so that is great too.
  11. T

I'm going the full belt route too. I do have a third party warranty that came with the car that is thankfully covering some of it (WP only and part of the labor). In addition, the dealer is currently having trouble sourcing the pump. It has been in the shop since last Monday and they still don't...
  12. T

I know this is an older thread but did anyone get anywhere eventually with any sort of warranty coverage? My water pump just started leaking on my '15 Golf and they're not budging so far on anything ($1800 quote from two different shops). I've only spoken on the phone and haven't tried twitter...
  13. T

Tallest tire for 16" wheel on a GSW

Here's mine, I know it's stock height but it's something.
  14. T

Tallest tire for 16" wheel on a GSW

I stood my ground and insisted they put them on, they pushed back a little bit throughout the process, and they couldn't believe when they all actually fit (they were never mean, and they're a pretty good shop, plus they're getting money either way). It's def a meaty size but I couldn't be...