Recent content by T-MILLS

1. T

P00AF VW Says New Turbo?

My problem is i don't have access to my car currently, I broke down in Atlanta last weekend and i live in South Georgia so my car is currently sitting at the dealer outside of Atlanta. The dealer said the mechanic tried a know good recirculation valve but I'm not sure if that is the same thing...
  2. T

P00AF VW Says New Turbo?

My car started flashing the Glow Plug light when i was driving and i turned the car off and it went away, about 30 mins later it started flashing again this time accompanied with the MIL light and a total loss of acceleration going into limp mode. I got the codes read at the local auto zone and...
  3. T

09 Shocks and Strut question

It's really just that my car is getting close to 110k so I'm going ahead and buying parts in preparation for needing to change them.
  4. T

09 Shocks and Strut question

So I'm getting close to needing to replace my shocks and struts on my Jetta soon and would like to purchase some on idparts while they still have their Koni sale going on. My question is what shocks would y'all recommend? How comparable are the Koni STR.T shocks to the stock shocks? Or is it...
  5. T

Delayed Air Conditioning

Well you can add another one to the list of bad RCV's. Just got my put in 2 days ago for $140 plus $30 for the RCV (i bought the china one) but my A/C is working awesome and im back to loving my little Jetta again.
  6. T

Delayed Air Conditioning

So how do you add the PAG oil to the system? Can you just put it in the high or low side ports?
  7. T

Delayed Air Conditioning

Hey guys, Im about to replace my RCV valve. I just got in a new one today but i have a quick question if someone could help me. I see that people are trying the PAG 46? oil with the ice additive. I just want to clear up some confusion, I thought the oil goes into a reservoir on the compressor...
  8. T

San Diego Mechanic

Well right now im looking into just having my a/c system evacuate and recharged so i can possibly change my RCV because my a/c has been having alot of the problems that ppl in the MKV forum have been having. If that doesnt work then i would like them to look into it further. I would also like...
  9. T

San Diego Mechanic

Hey everyone, I just got to San Diego and am looking for a trusted mechanic in the area. In the trusted mechanic thread i dont see any in the area and the closest one in almost in LA. Anyone have a suggestion for a trusted mechanic in the area?
  10. T

16785/P0401/001025 - Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) System: Insufficient Flow Detect

I started getting the code around 88-89,xxx and changed around 90-91,xxx. I cant remember off hand, but you might be able to get away with not taking the manifold off since thats not your problem. I believe on the bottom of the throttle valve there is 2 short bolts holding it onto the EGR and...
  11. T

16785/P0401/001025 - Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) System: Insufficient Flow Detect

This is the write up that i did on replacing my intake manifold: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=381933&highlight=p2015 There is a picture in there of the EGR before i cleaned it. I would assume that the valve coming from the connecting pipe is probably gummed up from all that soot...
  12. T

P2015 / VAG 008215 Intake Manifold Write-up and Replacement - commonrail engine

****Part 3**** Step 8: *Loosen hose clamp and remove fuel return line at high pressure pump. (The hose pliers came in handy on this hose, it would not budge any other way). *Cover open fuel lines and ports. *Remove connectors for the Fuel Temp Sensor and what I believe is the Fuel Metering...
  13. T

P2015 / VAG 008215 Intake Manifold Write-up and Replacement

****Part 3**** Step 8: *Loosen hose clamp and remove fuel return line at high pressure pump. (The hose pliers came in handy on this hose, it would not budge any other way). *Cover open fuel lines and ports. *Remove connectors for the Fuel Temp Sensor and what I believe is the Fuel Metering...
  14. T

P2015 / VAG 008215 Intake Manifold Write-up and Replacement - commonrail engine

****Part 2**** Tools Required for R&R Intake Maifold: *M8 and M10 Triple Square bit (the ones i purchased: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004DKHVM8/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) *** In the Bentley it says to use a T40159 (M8) to remove the intake manifold. With this tool it...
  15. T

P2015 / VAG 008215 Intake Manifold Write-up and Replacement

****Part 2**** Tools Required for R&R Intake Maifold: *M8 and M10 Triple Square bit (the ones i purchased: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004DKHVM8/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) *** In the Bentley it says to use a T40159 (M8) to remove the intake manifold. With this tool it...