Recent content by Syncrodelic

1. S

Boost Climbing at Low Throttle

Thanks. I suspect it could have something to do with a sticky actuator. The turbo was just cleaned out though, so I don't believe it could be sticky vanes. Also trying to imagine if/how a vacuum leak could possibly cause it.
  2. S

I have VCDS, although I have never done logs with it. I'd have to find a tutorial. Could check that, but I doubt it since everything works great otherwise.
  3. S

Having an issue with my boost climbing when I'm coasting at low throttle, sometimes in the city, but often on the highway. If I'm on a slight decline and have a light pedal position, the boost will climb to 15psi and stay there. If I tap the pedal, it will fall down to normal, but usually climb...
  4. S

Big(ish) Nozzles in Stock BEW

Yes, I do. Let's assume I at least know the basics, and whatever direction I end up going in will be installed correctly. Do you setup nozzles? Do you have any experience running these larger nozzles in a stock vehicle?
  5. S

Yes, as I attempted to say above, I do know all this and am still considering all options. I just want to know what to expect with bigger nozzles, since, as reported, it will run them.
  6. S

Yes, exactly why it's better to go bigger with nozzles. Add to the happier engine a happier turbo with lower EGTs and better fuel economy. The +% ratings used on nozzles are based against the stock PD150 nozzle, not the North American nozzles like the BEW. The stock PD150 nozzles are called...
  7. S

ALH Slow to Respond to Pedal

I'll check out your thread and learn to log! Thanks for the help.
  8. S

I had a MAF code as well and I had an inspection appointment I didn't have time to fail so I got one on Black Friday on Amazon. Still likely a waste though. Sorry for the big delay responding. I had to go away suddenly.
  9. S

I've been reading that upsized nozzles, like DLC800 and DLC1043, will drop straight in an otherwise stock BEW, have great performance, and not necessarily require a tune. I also read that larger nozzles, like the R783s, will drop in and run, but are not ideal without a tune. I'm wondering what...
  10. S

My ALH seems to be a bit late to respond to pedal requests. If I floor it (in neutral), it revs up okay, maybe with a slight delay, but when I release the pedal, it keeps rising in rpm for a split second before lowering fairly slowly. No lack of power when driving. Brand new MAF made no change...
  11. S

Cracked ALH Cam Cap

They are the wrong caps from a different head, so they'll be wrong anyway, but I could get another set for extras and try the scary flame suit technique mentioned above and see if I can get a finger test match. I dunno. No one in my area can line bore it for me so my other option is starting...
  12. Cam Cap 2.jpg

Cam Cap 2.jpg

13. Cam Cap 1.jpg

Cam Cap 1.jpg

What can happen when you mistakenly install caps from a different head.
  14. S

Cracked ALH Cam Cap

In my case, I believe they were damaged because I used the wrong caps from a different head, so they were not lined up properly. I assume that as the cap was being tightened and lowered, the cap was trying to self centre and pulled to one side, cracking the cap on the stressed side. The...
  15. Cracked Cam Cap

Cracked Cam Cap

Son of a....