Recent content by Sword_of_the_Spirit

1. S

Gqq 5 speed transmission inspection

This is for the O2J as well as the BRM’s 5spd?
  2. S

02J manual tranny oil what do you like?

Oil, I suppose you overfill by a half qt for your customers?
  3. S

02J manual tranny oil what do you like?

Just overfill through the reverse port and you should be fine on going the distance. Though I don’t like that Synchromesh feel in my ALH. The BRM seems to be just fine.
  4. S

In VCDS, is it possible to remove signal to the Throttle Cut when brakes are engaged MK4 Golf (5spd ALH) and Mk5 Jetta (1.9pd 5spd) ?

Yes, there is a difference in timing the safety between an ALH and a BRM. ALH is nearly instantaneous (.5sec by my calculations), whereas the BRM can be negated (solid 2.5sec). Launch control is an entirely different algo. Motion is critical
  5. S

R99 & Injection Pump Seals

Oh boy. Of course there are brief moments in the replacement of a “Gas” in place of a “Liquid” when contained in “xyz” apparatus. To infer degradation of such during that time is laughable. keep it up. I enjoy these conversations. OP. You’ll be fine as I mentioned prior. If your VP37 needs a...
  6. S

Renewable (not Bio) fuel showing up in WA state?

Supply and local governments. However, the ratio of renewable to reg #2/#1 is paltry. There won’t be enough capacity for many, many, many years to come to even service half to complete states. What Costco? I’ve been to the Bellingham and Vancouver locals.
  7. S

CNRB Intake cleaning

Gotcha. STD 5w-30 or boutique 5w-40? I’ve been running T6 for awhile and recently switched to DT40 5w-40. You’d be surprised, but that additional Moly has quieted the drivetrain up a lot. No issue with timing chain or valve noise at startup pre/post. As others have alluded, 5k mi changes go a...
  8. S

Is there an MK4 oil pump replacement diy writeup?

Thanks for the reply Bob and Oil. Both interesting evidence and close calls. I can than infer that roundabout 300k mi you’d want to change the chain/tensioner.
  9. S

R99 & Injection Pump Seals

How many transfer stations, fuel depots, along with fuel stations are exposed to the Atmosphere?
  10. S

Going on 16 months in shop

If you had to do it again, would you considering the money they threw at you?
  11. S

Oh, I meant the chain. I saw somewhere he and another mentioned 300k mi
  12. S

AEM-C Fix?

That’s the second ECU flash I believe. I recall on here and other places to do it. If you hadn’t gotten any of the aem’s, to stay away and let the advisor know of such.
  13. S

CNRB Intake cleaning

Gotcha mate. There has been worse posted on Rennlist and Audiworld. You mentioned mpg. Did you track from the get go from purchasing? You think the turbo is leaking a bit? Do you consume oil at all? Thanks for the thread. Others will see this and gleen from the info provided.
  14. S

CNRB Intake cleaning

Is this on std non CA ULSD or other fuel? Do you use Sport at all? Compared to the ALH and associated motors, this isn’t a thing to worry. The FLAPS would be my target next with a kit from Darkside. Vent externally the CC Ventilation as that’s primarily what’s causing this. There is potential...
  15. S

Oil, you mentioned that you ideally want to change it at 300k mi? Is that a worst case recommendation?