Recent content by Sword_of_the_Spirit

1. S

Changing fuel filter and running diesel purge.

Purge. You can setup a Gatorade bottle and plumb lines through to it and the injection pump. But you have to ask yourself if it is necessary given where and what you fill up. If it’s premium stuff, the gain might not be worth the effort. Plus, that fuel gets really, really hot towards the end...
  2. S

Pentosin FFL-2 for CHEAP, but maybe expired

I wouldn’t hesitate to use if properly sealed. The adpack may have fallen out of suspension, but a vigorous shake will put it back. Oil doesn’t breakdown. It is the adpack. That adpack is designed to withstand amounts of moisture/fuel and still perform within spec. Ask yourself what has happened...
  3. S

DPF stats discussion

Pulled it off your vehicle. Anyone can reverse the end result with KNOWN values. Pride mate. Your talk of and I quote, “density, materials, volume conversions, and where to find actual values in VCDS” and actually trying to make a point to the uninformed is laughable at best. Forgot to mention...
  4. S

DPF needs replacing at 36k miles

Again, that’s vehicle (as in make and model) dependent.
  5. S

2010 CJAA, DPF, CP4 - Expectations, maintenance, reliability VS real world!

Gotcha. Dusselheim puts a new meaning on stupid…..
  6. S

Dusselheim is where it’s at. I gave sometime for others to ask (few stray over to this forum, so I cannot fault), did you (Turbo) base the figures off of 92,000mi? Super simple yes/no.
  7. S

Darn….Keep it running for sure. Salvage value given today’s rates is more likely than not less than $1500. Mine were $75-150 each time. I bought back two vehicles twice over each. Not that making more money on a vehicle isn’t a bad thing, but driving what you want and knowing the...
  8. S

It’s not tact. It’s the way you’re so matter of fact. Regarding the quoted post of the other gent at hand, you made a glorified statement regarding surprise at a DPF lasting. As noted, the emission fix (DPF and associated elements replaced) was completed at an UNKNOWN mileage (hence why were...
  9. S

Certainly relevant. You made a statement about DPF longevity and even asked another question regarding such. Unless Canadians have unique “verbose,” a question or statement is exactly that!
  10. S

I know the capacity as well as most “educated individuals.” I asked for mileage since you’re the “grandiose” TDI expert here. Yet, you won’t have an answer since each and every DPF and associated motor are completely different. You have a theoretical load based upon “consumption” and oil type...
  11. S

How many times has it paid for itself via buyback salvage value?
  12. S

Gee Whiz……DPF’s on the 3.0l can last a long, long, long, long, time without the fix. I don’t need to delve into the 2.0l saga….But you really think you know it all. Pride! *Answer for all to see here what the expected life for a 3.0l DPF is going to be?* T6 5w-40 since DAY 1 is treating the...
  13. S

‘06 MT - What is the function of Locking the Transmission in “Home” Mode as it pertains to removing pivot pin for oil change?

Also, don’t take the easy way out (that ends up taking even longer) by lifting the car up IF you can lock the pivot shaft. I did twice. Even ran the box multiple times on stands tilted at 18 degrees. Yeah, running it on stands does slosh the oil backs, but I could only get 20oz in that way after...
  14. S

‘06 MT - What is the function of Locking the Transmission in “Home” Mode as it pertains to removing pivot pin for oil change?

After trying a few times whilst having removed the battery tray, I was able to lock it. Really have to finagle…… I overfilled about a pint via TSB reverse switch. Pennzoil MTL