Recent content by SVG

1. S

DTUK CRD-t Diesel Tuning Box for Sale

I am doing the buyback with my 15’ TDI Golf. Therefore I am selling my DTUK CRD-t tuning box. It works as advertised. In perfect condition. Had on the car for ~5,000 miles. Here’s a link to the DTUK website showing the unit. http://www.diesel-performance.co.uk/box-details.php?id=10 $300 -...
  2. S

If VW buys back your JSW, what will you replace it with?

The more I thought about the debacle, the more pissed I got. So I’m going for the buyback. The replacement is a 2014 Audi S4. 30K+ of existing Factory Warranty. Every time I drive it I have an ear-to-ear grin. Check out the youtube reviews. In every driving review the reviewer smiles when...
  3. S

20,000 Mile service cost

I paid about the same amount in the bay area. Was it high?, yes. Was it free?, yes with my goodwill money.
  4. S

Volkswagen's Clean Air Act violations on 2009+ TDIs spark huge recall, investigations

I’ve got a ’96 12V CTD. One of the most reliable engines on the planet. Seriously overbuilt design. Some guys are getting 800+ HP on straight #2. Never getting rid of mine.
  5. S

2015 GSW TDI cruise control disengaging

Traction control is what probably happened in my case. I remember hitting some standing water and then losing CC.
  6. S

Change Key Battery Warning

Replaced mine for the first time last week. I’ve had the car around 11 months~.
  7. S

2015 GSW TDI cruise control disengaging

My cruise control has disengaged 3 or 4 times on me. If memory serves they all happened when it was raining or wet out. Not 100% sure though. It’s been maybe 3 months since it’s happened. I’m at 20,XXX miles.
  8. S

Golf Reliability

I’m new to VW but have owned a few cars in my 53 years. I recently had my HVAC blend door motor/motors go south. They were replaced under warranty. My NAV system will occasionally spurt out random alerts announcing my impending doom (probably once a month). I reset the alert and continue...
  9. S

Panoramic Sunroof.

I’ve been very happy with my sunroof so far.
  10. S

Performance

I installed the DTUK box this morning. So far, so good. I’ve only tried level 1 & 2+2, which pulls nicely. Still more testing to be done.
  11. S

Sportwagen Ride Quality - SE vs. SEL

Pretty sure R’s get 19” wheels.
  12. S

Performance

I just ordered a DTUK box. Will post my impressions in the next few weeks.
  13. S

Mobil Delvac 1 ESP 5W-40 for less than $10/gallon!

SFH, Thanks for the heads-up. Always like to keep the oil inventory up! SVG