Recent content by surfbus

1. surfbus

2003 Jetta Wagon TDI - Full dealership service manual

If any of you guys have PDF version of the manual could you be so kind and send the link to me in direct PM inbox?
  2. surfbus

2003 Jetta Wagon TDI - Full dealership service manual

Hi all, Our eBhan service manual CD's stopped working a few years ago because of their sunsetting the CD key login approach. Their customer support portal instructed us to use their web browser version of the physical CD version we bought. We tried logging into our account to access the service...
  3. surfbus

96 Passat TDI - 263,00 miles// $2,000 OBO// Seattle, WA

Full maintenance records available. All purchased OEM replacement parts from 1stVWparts.com in Aubrn WA. Full mechanical restoration at at 212,00 miles** Injection pump and engine were fully resealed by a professional mechanic in my family . Car had new OEM clutch, Ecode glass headlights...
  4. surfbus

WTB: Non-running 1996 Passat Wagon

Looking to toss in the motor from my sedan that was a victim of a hit and run incident last year.
  5. surfbus

16955 - Brake Switch (F)

2003 Jetta Wagon. We have a new random code that came out. 16955 - Brake Switch (F) The glow plug light starts blinking shortly afterwards when I start the car. What causes this issue?
  6. surfbus

Hit and run on my car

Yup, still very committed. My daily commute is 25 miles each way. Car runs perfectly, just bit unsightly appearance now.
  7. surfbus

Stolen!!!

Wow, I didn't realize the B4 was so easily stolen. I always use my wheel lock in sketchy areas, I always thought I was being overly cautious but guess not.
  8. surfbus

Hit and run on my car

Haven't checked the forum as my car has been running perfectly for the last few years. I had a full injection pump and engine seal restore with my dads help over the years on this red beast of a car. Yesterday I came out of work to a heart-wrenching experience finding my car in this condition...
  9. surfbus

Ignition Switch-- Need help

The whole ignition switch process was a little stressful removing the steering wheel with markings. Make sure not to strip anything and be careful. I had to change mine with a new because of it not working in hot summer days. Starts like a charm now, just make sure to buy OEM like I did. You...
  10. surfbus

Passat Trunk Lock Problem

Yeah there is no electric release. My trunk used to unlock with the vacuum of the car by turning the driver door open twice. But I never had an electric release button installed from factory to pop it open.
  11. surfbus

Passat Trunk Lock Problem

Can you take a picture of the push plate? All my internals are good, I replaced the rod and the bought a new outside push lock where the key inserts. My Ebay button lasted a whole month until the internal hook part that pushes on that sharp inside corner got too much play to open anymore. Back...
  12. surfbus

Exhaust tailpipe options

When the suitcase part of my muffler cracked apart I had a muffler shop chop and weld an axle back straight pipe similar to your image. It has kept exhaust fumes from getting sucked under the car and back into the front corner air vents. The OEM design muffler shape curls downwards and behind...
  13. surfbus

Help - 97 Passat TDI - Trunk Warning Light Stays On

At least the TDI vets can't yell at him for not using the search function :p
  14. surfbus

For those with clutch rattle...

The flywheel rattle is caused by people replacing it with a gasoline model disk. I read extensively on this when changing my clutch and ended up going with the more expensive TDI version disk from the dealership to keep things OEM. The diesel disk is heavier from what I understood and keeps...
  15. surfbus

97 passat grill removal

Get a small flat head screwdriver. There are a few small delicate tabs along the top part of the grill you will need to depress. Keep going around the plastic grill and find them all. If I remember correctly I needed to take it off to gain access to removing the bumper.