Recent content by studebaker

1. S

Looking for 2006 Jetta TDI BRM intake removal procedure

Looked for several hours and can't seem to find the procedure for removing the intake manifold off our 2006 Jetta. Want to do an intake and system cleaning. The VW maintenance manual is no help. Anyone have a link to the procedure?
  2. S

Getting a P2112 code (throttle actuator control system stuck closed

Checking to see what the fix will be for this engine code. Thanks ahead of time for the help!!
  3. S

recommended mechanic in North Fla

I have a 2006 Jetta TDI with 159,000 miles and the water pump has started leaking. I changed the original timing belt and water pump at 98,000 miles with a Gates kit. I am considering have someone do a through service to it including timing belt/water pump, intake cleaning' new clutch and...
  4. S

Part ID

Thanks Rx ! #3 cam ? how many miles on your 2006? Which replacement cams have you used?
  5. S

Part ID

Hi guys, long time! I am trying to find a radiator fluid leak and see leakage when I get under the car, and look upwards where the oil drain plug is, and to the left of that. Well, in the process of taking the air cleaner box out, there is a 7" long flex style hose that connects to a flange...
  6. S

wondering if 2012-2015 passet wheels will

Just found a nice set of 17" wheels off of a 2012 VW EOS. Looking at the specs I think they will work ok.
  7. S

wondering if 2012-2015 passet wheels will

Fit ok on our 2006 Jetta TDI ? Time for new tires and the original wheels are nasty looking. Like the clear coat is coming off.
  8. S

Starts up, shuts off

No, I just checked to make sure. My wife asked me to try the Valet key (dumb me) and it started the car right up and ran fine. No shut off. So I am assuming the chip is in the actual metal key and not the electronic part of the two part fob ? Yes Wonder if the original metal key can be...
  9. S

Starts up, shuts off

Starts up, shuts off ( immobilizer issue ) I have been reading thru the forums for this issue we have on our 2006 Jetta TDI. 5sp and 150,000 miles. Doesn't show any codes. The first time this happened was a couple of weeks ago. Wife drove it to work just fine. Got in at the end of the day to...
  10. S

2006 Idle speed increases

Thanks, I'll do that right away----
  11. S

2006 Idle speed increases

This started happening sometime in the last year. I will be setting at a red light or anywhere at a stop with Jetta idling around 800 rpm. suddenly for no reason the idle will jump up to over 1000 and stay there. Any ideas?
  12. S

Fuel filter Canister

K, would you post a picture of your filter conversion ?
  13. DSCN5551

DSCN5551

Wiring found inside the headlight assemblies. Insulation cracked and peeling from wire. Both light assemblies are like this.
  14. DSCN5551

DSCN5551

Wiring found inside the headlight assemblies. Insulation cracked and peeling from wire. Both light assemblies are like this.
  15. S

Replacing front parklight bulb experience

James, if the wires had been ok, if you can get some pliers on the plastic part and give a slight twist, they will come out. Problem is getting the pliers in to that space. Mine would have needed to come out anyway, due to the condition of the wires.