Recent content by stropp

1. S

FS: Rear Black trunk Mat, fuel filter, PS fluid and a VW hat

Sold my beloved 2003 TDI Jetta sedan. I have the black trunk mat (weathertech and mint!), a new in the box OEM fuel filter, OEM green PS fluid (7/8 full and brand new from Hewlett VW) and a blue baseball cap with a VW emblem. All are excellent from a non smoker (my car was stock, no bigger...
  2. S

Rear Trunk Mat, fuel filter, frame for Jetta Mk4

and adding 7/8 VW OEM Power steering fluid just saw it in the garage and it is 7/8 full... it is the funky OEM green stuff for a 2003 Jetta TDI
  3. S

Rear Trunk Mat, fuel filter, frame for Jetta Mk4

selling a black rear trunk mat (weathertech) from a 2003 jetta TDi that I no longer have. It is in excellent condition and has the large lip to contain spills. Also have a TDI frame and an OEM brand new in the box fuel filter (diesel of course) $70 shipped for all three... I take paypal
  4. S

Preview: 2008 Volkswagen Tiguan

this is too close to a toureg we need a 7 passenger vehicle Suburbans sell very well because of the extra room. We need a 7 passenger vehicle, not another 5. I would love to ditch my suburban and buy a larger VW but not a VW van. A stretched toureg would be great, this is just a wide golf...
  5. S

FS: 2003 Jetta TDI $14,750 Austin, TX

Lowering the price to $14,000 and no radar.... anyone????
  6. S

I would say I can go up to 80mph at times Texas roads are interesting, you can drive 90mph but I think 80 is the top if you do not want a ticket. They use laser a lot here and the DPS ambush people hiding next to bridges, etc... You can cruise doing down 290 and around Houston. just...
  7. S

and... I will be glad to send it Robbie and let him go over the vehicle. his handle is runonbeer and he is excellent. He is who would do the timing belt, install my injectors or anything else besides the basics
  8. S

Sorry about the delay in responding I was off line for a short time. The car is still for sale and forgive me for not getting pictures together! i will do a spread by the weekend. The car has 69760 miles on it as of this morning (10/18/06) The original tires went 67k (goodyear eagle LS)...
  9. S

Whoops Everything is current (timing belt would be due at 100,000 miles).... All the filters were replaced for the second time at 64k miles (cabin, fuel, air, and of course oil...) I have two spare Mann oil filters too and the original steel wheels (no hubcaps) if you need them. I also have...
  10. S

Selling my 2003 VW Jetta TDI 5 speed manual (purchased in Aug of 02). I bought this car new from Hewlett VW in Georgetown, TX. It had 4 miles on it when I got it. It has never been in an accident nor had any problems. It currently has 69,000 miles and is just starting to break in. The oil...
  11. S

Audi A-4 S-Line TDI

A rock and a hard place I am ready to ditch my Jetta and get an Audi (diesel)... unfortunately, my current diesel choice is either a Mercedes, Ford F250 or a stinkin Jetta. Audi would fill a niche we need. And I would gladly pay for the sport package. Hurry and get those European...
  12. S

post your ULSD sightings!

There is some at the HEB in Round Rock Big sticker on the pump at the HEB in Round Rock off of 79 near Dell diamond
  13. S

Rear Sun Shade

AND...what is the final word? $80 is a deal where can I get the kit???... I am using a rear windshield shade now.. visability is marginal but I am a passer, not a passee... :)
  14. S

Where is the diesel commuter?

and here is one... 155.67 http://www.canosoarus.com/03CalifCommuter/CalCom01.htm i would settle for glass and a slightly bigger car at 90 mpg AND WHY ARE WE NOT DOING A MANDATORY 4 day work week to save bus fuel, traffic fuel, etc... just until the price of gas goes to .40 cents a...
  15. S

Where is the diesel commuter?

there was a cigar shaped black 2 cylinder diesel that Porsche was driving years ago and it was getting 120 mpg... where is that car? and WHY is VW not making a suburban type vehicle that is a people/thing holder with great areodynamics and in a diesel? I would buy one today.. first year...