Recent content by str8edg

1. S

Metal Nerds Rear Brake Reset Tool

I cleaned up my garage and found my Metal Nerds rear brake reset tool... I used this once when I did my brake son my 99.5 Jetta... Any interest? $25.00 plus shipping if you want it. Thanks, Rich
  2. S

Buying a used 29K miles Passat

We'll see checking things out this weekend. Sales tax is 6% and with the trade with full purchase isn't taxed.
  3. S

I have a trade as well, what are the experiences with the trade? First, do i work on the purchase price of the car, then work on the trade... what seems to work best?
  4. S

It's a VW CPO warranty 2 year or 24K on top of factory warranty which ends at 36K i believe. They are asking $25K, not sure of all the specs yet. Has sunroog, not sure on NAV
  5. S

Ok, dealer has a used TDI SE available. Anything i should be on the lookout for while checking out this car? I know it has alot of miles over a short period of time, I don't think i should be so concerned about that... right? My last TDI was a 1999.5 Jetta, so i know things have changed a...
  6. S

99.5 Jetta TDI 122,000 milesi SWFL

Sold... Thank you! Enjoy
  7. S

99.5 Jetta TDI 122,000 milesi SWFL

99.5 Jetta TDI 122,000 miles SWFL Sold!!!!
  8. S

Shift Knob removal

Joe, There were really no gotchas. Break the brass washer (ring) holding the knob on the shifter. Pull the entire boot off the shifter. Place boot between your feet and pull the shift knob to undo the boot from the knob. Then you can see how to re attach your new boot to your VW shift knob...
  9. S

Shift Knob removal

Not much help, but thanks to all who replied. I think i found a good thread, it's here. http://forums.generationdub.com/showthread.php?p=337805
  10. S

Shift Knob removal

come'on nothing... i just received my boot and would like some instruction on how to keep the stock shifter knob and just replace the worn boot. Thank you!
  11. S

Shift Knob removal

Anyone replaced their shift boot and used their OEM shift knob????
  12. S

Shift Knob removal

I'm using this place, had one in stock. I have no previous expereince with them though...http://www.roadworksauto.com/default.htm Good luck!
  13. S

Shift Knob removal

Are there any secrets to taking off the shift knob? I have to replace my boot and have one on order. Haven't tried taking anything off yet, but wanted to know of any tricks or secrets before i started. Thank you!