Recent content by stolivais

1. stolivais

Weird noise

I did all that, still having humming noise at idle when warm... Waiting till it dies!
  2. stolivais

Weird noise

The noise only starts when engine gets at normal temperature... and it comes from the area of power steering or injection pumps. It goes away with revs...
  3. stolivais

Weird noise

A have a video. Listen to the end. http://youtu.be/9nZfdgqK0yQ
  4. stolivais

Weird noise

Replaced alternator coupler and tensioner and still have the vroom, vroom, vroom when idling.
  5. stolivais

Weird noise

I found problem. Its the alternator coupler. I guess I may go let continue, till it gets very loud, and then replace alternator.
  6. stolivais

Weird noise

No. It's not that. It's that small pump that seats by it, driven by the same belt of the alternator. Only notice when its idling. If I rev up 100 rpm's, disappears.
  7. stolivais

Weird noise

I have this weird noise when idling (mk4). It's like, vrum vrum vrum from the engine compartment. Its coming by the fuel pump, alternator or that "thing" that's like a pump belt driven and seats near by. Anyone with ideas what could be culprit? Appreciated.
  8. stolivais

moonson radio for sale

I have a 4" moonson from a MKiv 2002 Jetta and a 1998 NB 2" for sale. Make me an offer... email: calhabe7@gmail.com
  9. stolivais

Nb tdi 1998 parts

NB TDI 1998 sliver 5sp. 240k left front damage. Engine starts and runs. Has 520 sprint and RocketChip. Oil was always changed at around 6k. with Rottela X. AC working. Starter changed at 180k. New Battery. Always used Power Service additive on fill ups. IP seals done at 200k. Timing belt was...
  10. stolivais

Nb tdi 1998

NB TDI 1998 sliver 5sp. 240k left front damage. Engine starts and runs. Has 520 sprint and RocketChip. Oil was always changed at around 6k. with Rottela X. AC working. Starter changed at 180k. New Battery. Always used Power Service additive on fill ups. IP seals done at 200k. Timing belt was...
  11. stolivais

NB TDI 1998 sliver 5sp Parts

12. stolivais

Block heater for 09 jetta....I'm tired of freezing in the morning!!

Take a look in here: http://www.blockheaterstoreok.co.cc/Vw-Tdi-Block-Heater.html I have no affiliation with this web page.
  13. stolivais

Diesel from Europe

I heard in Europe that our diesel in the states are refined over seas. Is there anyone here that confirm this? Could be because of the change to ULSD. Or, to many refineries doing gasoline?
  14. stolivais

Is New Beetle feminine?

YES. It's a girlie car if it's PINK and has flower vase w/ flower. I have a Beetle and I stick a birdie and I smoke to a m%^$# f*&^% who thinks its a girlie car. I love my TDI Beetle.
  15. stolivais

New Police car Diesel? Concept car

http://news.windingroad.com/concept-cars/coming-to-a-police-department-near-you-the-carbon-motors-e7/