Recent content by Steve Ferrous

1. Steve Ferrous

Dieselgate, The Canadian Edition

"Daimler says it adhered to regulations that allow vehicles to reduce emissions controls to protect a car’s engine." Yes our cars /SUVs pollute just as much as VW, but we are protecting our engines. So does it have NOTHING to do with clean air, pollution and everything to do with lying to the...
  2. Steve Ferrous

It sounds like things are going smoothly for people now; that's great. I had to cancel my July turn-in appointment because my dealer said they could not 'bank' the FMV for two months (no issue banking my deposit from March!). Now both go back mid-Sept but if my 2018 is not in by then I guess...
  3. Steve Ferrous

I'd be boiling. There was someone else on here who had their docs rejected because there wasn't a space between the direction and the street - something like WST and it had to be W ST.
  4. Steve Ferrous

Well, promote that RP agent I talked with on Friday! After being stuck with the green checkmarks since mid-May, this last RP agent escalated my two claims and this morning, scheduled my two trade-in days. So from re-submitting documents on Friday afternoon, to a scheduled trade-in date today -...
  5. Steve Ferrous

Well I got my two offer letters yesterday (Saturday). I called on Friday and got a terrific agent who looked at my claims and said the back ownership was cutoff. She told me there was an audit deficiency on the file so it was just sitting there (since April 28th!) She said that when the auditor...
  6. Steve Ferrous

Yeah, cash cow or not, VW has not declared bankruptcy nor tapped taxpayers to pay for pensions GM agreed to but couldn't pay for. I do feel bad for some dealers; through no fault of theirs their financial future was put in jeopardy. This was a great book on the US car industry; unions sabotaging...
  7. Steve Ferrous

Wow, that last post must have put the fear of retribution into them! I just got an email from them: "We have reviewed the documents you submitted as part of your claim with reference number number "last -1"." So after 7 weeks, they have approved my documents on one claim. I had better cancel...
  8. Steve Ferrous

I finally gave up and called RP. Told the agent I registered on the 28th. He looked up my file and said one is waiting for the letter and the other has the letter and I just have to decide what to do (W*T*F?). I said I don't have any letter and he checked further and said 'oh this isn't right...
  9. Steve Ferrous

Same boat here except I have two to trade; one to go back asap sin ce it has been parked since Jan, and the other back in Sept when my '18 is due to arrive. No idea if they are going to let me trade-in the first car asap but I'm going to try. The new 2018s have LED lights (not headlights...
  10. Steve Ferrous

Can you hear me weeping? I'm calling Mueller if I don't get my offer letters next week.
  11. Steve Ferrous

I don't think you CAN lock your keys in the car, so maybe you did 'lock' it.
  12. Steve Ferrous

No worries, I know everything but the price (options, colour, estimated build date). I went in and the business manager entered the order on their system while I waited. Price? It won't be that different from a 2017 and if we can't come to terms I walk away. Besides, if you have to ask the...
  13. Steve Ferrous

I ordered my 2018 at the middle of May. I want a MT and as soon as possible so my order is in. I asked about turning in my first car ASAP, and then my second one once the 2018 is ready. The dealer said they couldn't take the first car and then wait for the second one. I'm pretty sure when I tell...
  14. Steve Ferrous

STILL waiting for my offer letters: April 28th submitted docs May 13th one vehicle accepted May 14th escalated call May 16th second vehicle accepted. Yesterday at 16:00, re-registered Today at 07:00 both sets of documents approved Waiting for letter ...