Recent content by Steve Addy

1. Steve Addy

The "What did you do to your B4 today" thread...

Post up a pic of the piece you're looking for, I might be able to round something up. Steve
  2. Steve Addy

First VW CC TDI swap

What did you use for a cluster? Steve
  3. Steve Addy

Is this groove on the intermediate shaft pulley normal?

Glad you got it all fixed up Mark. Steve
  4. Steve Addy

Is this groove on the intermediate shaft pulley normal?

Mark, I might have one from the imploded AHU I dismantled a while back. I likely won't be back to the shop until next Saturday though. Steve
  5. Steve Addy

After top-end rebuild, got a spare connector ('97 Jetta 1.9L)

The extra connector is the unused oil temp sender connection that's only for MFA. Steve
  6. Steve Addy

First VW CC TDI swap

I'm really curious how you defeated the immobilizer? I have been wanting to do conversion on 07 Passat wagon but because of the immo haven't gotten everything worked out yet. Steve
  7. Steve Addy

B4 Premium Radio stuck in "Safe" mode

Looks like you could use a new LCD for that radio. The B4 premium audio unit differs from the Mk3 premium audio in some respects. Steve
  8. Steve Addy

pump leaking from advanced piston

I think the last seal kit I bought came from eEuroparts.com and I had to order the side cover seals and the main shaft seal separately. Last time I checked the separate seals were not listed from eEuroparts anymore. Steve
  9. Steve Addy

Timing way advanced

The static advance is only for startup. Once the engine is running the ECU takes over the timing function. You'll be fine for a while. Steve
  10. Steve Addy

pump leaking from advanced piston

You are better off removing the pump to do a complete reseal. If you do one then another will crop up and then another etc. You'll end up doing them all anyway, best to pull and replace them all at one time IMO. Steve
  11. Steve Addy

The "What did you do to your B4 today" thread...

Sounds like you have broken or chafed wires in the accordion hose between the cowl and the door. Steve
  12. Steve Addy

Scrapped: Assorted 1Z/AHU, ALH parts in Central MA

Ditto...It didn't show for me either, how unfortunate. Steve
  13. Steve Addy

BOUGHT - WTB - B4 front crossmember / cross-member

What is the difference and how does this difference impact engine mounting? I'm using a VR front lower cross and didn't find anything different in how the engine mounted. The B4 TDI radiator mounts on bolts with rubber cushions whereas the VR radiator has plastic pins in the bottom that fit in...
  14. Steve Addy

Scam alert

Any day now I'm gonna get my inheritance from the Prince.....