Recent content by st50maint

1. S

Stories when filling up at "gasoline station"

“Oregon lawmakers last week gave final approval to a bill that ends the state's ban on self-service gas pumps, a prohibition that has been in place since 1951. The change will take affect ASAP after Gov. Tina Kotek signs the bill into law. The Oregonian newspaper says this leaves New Jersey as...
  2. S

Electric vehicles (EVs), their emissions, and future viability

I have a 1996 Passat TDI (original owner) and a 2015 Tesla Model S. Driving the Tesla could not be much simpler. Sit down. If needed, adjust seat with standard mechanical controls. Press the brake pedal. Move gearshift to "D". Press accelerator pedal
  3. S

TDI delivery 20 years ago today

I picked up my 96 Passat TDI on May 10, 1996. Only has 229,000 miles and is still running fine. How many other original TDI purchasers are still driving their car?
  4. S

Electric vehicles (EVs), their emissions, and future viability

Yes, there are two choices for regen sensitivity, standard and low. I always use standard since it has the stronger braking. Once you get used to it, you usually only need the brake pedal for the last few feet before you want to come to a complete stop.
  5. S

TDIFest 2016 location discussion

And about 30 miles from Norway also.
  6. S

Hess stations to be rebranded as Speedway

I was walking at 45th street and 10th ave in Manhattan and was surprised to see the Hess station is now a Speedway. I never heard of Speedway so I searched and found this. http://www.silive.com/news/index.ssf/2014/10/all_hess_gas_staions_to_be_reb.html
  7. S

ShadeTree University - Episode #2 - Intro to VCDS - VNT testing - Intro to vacuum +++

I like the video but could do without the "music". Especially when it competes with the dialog.
  8. S

First known TDI ever at Sunday River?

I have been skiing at Sunday River for over 20 years. I drove my 1996 Passat there in December of 1996. Any other first year Passat owners recall going to Sunday River that first year?
  9. S

New York State DMV changed my TDI to gasoline.

I checked the VIN number on my receipt. It is an exact match to the actual VIN of the car.
  10. S

New York State DMV changed my TDI to gasoline.

I went for my annual inspection yesterday on my 2006 Jetta TDI. The inspector put the information in the computer and it came back with an error stating that the vehicle was gasoline and required an emissions test. The previous 6 inspections done at this same location had no such problem. The...
  11. S

Hevster1 Grand reopening RE-OPENING NEW LOCATION! Montague NJ!

September 1st when TDI Fest is happening or do you mean August 25th?
  12. S

:: ECS Tuning :: How To Perform A Rear Brake Install On Your MKV - DIY Video

Very good video but I found the "music" to be unnecessary at best.
  13. S

Is the dealer messing with me?

I would attend a concert featuring one of TDI Club's concert pianists. Anything scheduled for the northeast USA?
  14. S

Break-In

All TDIs probably have less than one million miles on them (just kidding).
  15. S

Will a 2006 Jetta battery fit in a 1996 Passat?

My Passat needs a new battery. Rather than buy it a new one, I thought I would get a new one for the Jetta and put its original one in the Passat. I use the Jetta for ski trips to Maine so a fresh battery in it could be beneficial. So, will the original battery from my 2006 Jetta (A5 BRM) fit...