Recent content by St.Hubbins

1. St.Hubbins

Very frequent regeneration

i'm nearing just 90k and experiencing the more frequent regens... i ignored the phase 2 work. if VWoA says "you had you're chance" and denies warranty work at some point, i wonder if going full delete makes more $ense than paying out of pocket for DPF replacement.:unsure: anyone else...
  2. St.Hubbins

windows up when raining?

i know this has been broached elsewhere, but if someone could point me to a VCDS tweak that actually achieves this, i'd be much obliged. i've already enabled the proper channels per instructions posted elsewhere, but haven't tried any long coding/ byte changes
  3. a3

a3

audi
  4. St.Hubbins

fuel filler flap frustration

FFS, my filler neck is suddenly locked in a closed position... i was able to trickle in a gallon slooooowly to get us home. is this a matter of disconnecting an actuator or something? i do have VCDS, if i have to open that can o worms. thanks y'all, it's been awhile :)
  5. St.Hubbins

New Kerma DSG Tune vs. Phase 2

can't remember if i have the Kerma stage 1+ or stage 2, but i was sort of interested in their DSG tune before it came out. hard to justify it as a "need" thing - i happily rock Sport mode at all times until pulling back into my driveway. :] oh, and i may just skip the phase 2 fix to avoid any...
  6. St.Hubbins

Need new battery for '15 GSW TDI

bought a battery with that dealership "hush money" back when the scandal happened. just went to swap it in my '15 GSW, and noticed it's a bigger battery than the factory original. can i expect any difference in performance/longevity in running a 72ah 380A 640A vs. the 61ah 330A 540a? kinda...
  7. St.Hubbins

Kerma now has DSG tune for MQB Golfs and Wagons

what do the paddle shifters have to do with it? i have Kerma stage 2, which is great. but of course i'm tempted by the DSG tune (and some new rubber!)
  8. St.Hubbins

63 mpg avg?

as in "stage 2" karma tune, not phase 2 of VW fix with stage 1 tune, yes?
  9. St.Hubbins

63 mpg avg?

fair enough. i may not even bother and just let myself enjoy the inflated numbers a la fans in the baseball's steroid era.:D car is fun, and is getting great mpg's even before broken in, so no worries here. i'm almost tempted to skip the phase 2 fix since they've denied restitution without...
  10. St.Hubbins

63 mpg avg?

yeah, it's all gravy - 50, 60 or whatever. maybe i'll hand calculate next road trip, but i'll likely forget and just enjoy the fab tune and whatever the mfd says she's doing.
  11. St.Hubbins

63 mpg avg?

hard to believe the mfd is that ridiculously off. anything in the 50's is beyond what i'd imagined even with the stage 2 i'm rocking. if mine is 10-15% optimistic like many others who've posted about it, then it's mid 50's. can only imagine mpg will get even better as engine break-in occurs.
  12. St.Hubbins

63 mpg avg?

the details: 15k on the odo 700 mile trip across TN to Smokies and back me, wife, 2 kids, dog, bags 75-80mph entire way 90 degree temps (AC blasting the whole way) steady mix of rock n roll and Narnia books on tape 62.7 mpg readout even assuming the MFD is inaccurate, i would've been happy...
  13. St.Hubbins

FS: brake pads MKVI Golf, Jetta, Passat, Beetle, Audi A3

ATE front pads, OEM part #3C0698151D rear pads, OEM part #5K0698451A new in factory boxes. $50 for both sets, plus shipping
  14. St.Hubbins

TDI Phase 2

that's why i asked - got the Takata notice some time ago, but have received nothing on phase 2 fix. loving the kerma 2, so i'm in no hurry, but might as well bundle with airbag replacement. of course, they'll probably say they can't do those services on same trip, since they're, you know, a...