Recent content by srptdi

1. srptdi

Guru's Help please. A5 BRM Engine speed sensor, ECU & grounds

i did report it the other day
  2. srptdi

Guru's Help please. A5 BRM Engine speed sensor, ECU & grounds

I would like to thank Bob S with his original post about the chafing of the wiring in the engine harness.My car has been trouble free for 200,000 miles until last week,when I experienced bucking and stalling.I got the code p0726 and thought it was a sensor until I read this thread.I repaired the...
  3. srptdi

Easter egg - auxilary heater?

It think you have to have climatronic to have the auxillary heater it works great even when its 7 degrees out
  4. srptdi

oem battery life

I replaced mine after 5 years.
  5. srptdi

???? front park lamp out???

I've had the problem for 6 years. I found out when the the are in auto mode it happens. When I idiot light comes on I cycle the switch off and on then the idiot light goes off.
  6. srptdi

dumb question--engine block heater

a preheated engine gets better mileage than a cold engine
  7. srptdi

Sound Off on Current Diesel Price

$3.71/ gallon yesterday at Hess in Wall,nj
  8. srptdi

Why did you buy a TDI?

I bought the Jetta because I wanted to fill it once a week. I commute 600 miles a week.I have over 156000 miles and it still runs great.
  9. srptdi

175,000 and still counting

150,000 miles on my 2005.5 no problems at all just normal maintenance.I do highway miles 95% of time.
  10. srptdi

Wide angle mirrors for an A3

http://oemplus.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=60_61_102 try this link you should find them here
  11. srptdi

80k service waterpump?

100k is the scheduled tb and waterpump change
  12. srptdi

Where to get interior trim parts

1st VW Parts . com
  13. srptdi

Speaker Rattle issue finally caught up with me...

I replaced all my door speakers and made a metal plate adapter for the mid driver and the rattle disappeared. I think mid was causing all the rattling.
  14. srptdi

Most miles on BRM WITHOUT cam issues

138,000 so far no problems
  15. srptdi

Fuel mileage question

I usually average 630 miles per tank with 1\8 left every week mostly highway. When the temps drop below 50 I lose 4-5 mpg.