Recent content by Spohntaneous

1. S

Buyback Lessons Learned

Hello, I have a 2015 TDI SEL Jetta and looking to turn in my car via VW Buyback. I ordered this with the optional Driver Assistance & Lighting Package. This included the following, Forward Collision Warning System, Blind Spot Monitor w/ Rear Traffic Alert, Bi-Xenon Headlights, LED Daytime...
  2. S

RNS510 Firmware & Maps Info Thread

Thanks so much for such a detailed and articulate thread on the RNS 510. I have a 2015 SEL Jetta. I currently have an RNS 315 unit which has all the bells and whistles including GPS yet I don't like the small screen. I understand it's a plug and play switching over to the RNS 510. My...
  3. S

Buyback Lessons Learned

Hello, I need some expert help as I'm not sure what will happen. Three weeks ago I decided to go the buyback route. I have a 2015 Jetta SEL fully loaded and was in a wreck last week. The front end is crashed and the estimate from the body shop is $12,000. The insurance has been slow to make...
  4. S

fuel filter for 2015

MightVac I used a MightVac to pull fuel through one of the hoses on our 2011. My 2015 Fuel Filter canister top is different. It only has 3 hoses which attach to the top. Does anyone know which hose I would pull off to prime my fuel filter?
  5. S

Priming the new fuel filter on a 2015 Jetta?

Hello, I have a 2015 TDI Jetta and will be changing my fuel filter. When I had my 2011 TDI Jetta I would use my MightyVac pump to prime the fuel filter by pulling one of the hoses off of the top of the fuel filter canister. My 2015 fuel canister is different with only 3 hoses on top. Does...
  6. S

PO116 Code and Engine temp shows 30 degrees?

I have been using dielectric grease on all my cars electrical connectors with no problems over the years. On my 98 TDI bug I would go through headlights like crazy. Ever since I put dielectric grease on my bulb connectors I haven't had one burn out. With that said does anyone else have any...
  7. S

PO116 Code and Engine temp shows 30 degrees?

I got this code and put a new VW "green" coolant temp sensor in. I am still getting the code of PO116 after driving it for awhile. I then changed out the thermostat and new coolant and still having the same problem. Put a new water pump in when the timing belt on my TDI was changed about 20...
  8. S

2015 Jetta SEL TDI - NICE

I have a question regarding the 2015 TDI SEL. I want the tw tone interior, corn silk and black yet the dealer says it only comes that way with the gas engine Jetta. ANY help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
  9. S

2015 Jetta TDI worth wait?

I got this in a Google Alert that I had set up for the 2015 Jetta. http://www.cartrade.com/car-bike-news/new-volkswagen-jetta-launches-in-2015_arrives-in-india-for-homologation-124248.html
  10. S

06 jetta tdi on its deathbed, how does the 2014 stack up?

2014 Interior Help Needed 2014 Jetta Interior Question I saw the 2014 Jetta at the L.A. Car Show. I really liked the two toned interior (seats & door panels):(. They were corn silk and black which had a nice appearance and contrast. They don't come with the 2014 TDI Jetta as they only come with...
  11. S

Volkswagen bosses surprised by US diesel take-up

2014 Jetta Options I went to the L.A. Car Show. I really liked the two tone corn silk and black seats & door panels as the accent looked really nice on the Jetta. So I go to my dealer as I wanted to buy a TDI Jetta, automatic, Onyx white with the two tone interior. I also wanted the 510 radio /...
  12. S

TDI Club Chat not working?

I have tried for the past two days and it appears the chat is down. Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks, John
  13. S

Retro fit from a 6cd changer radio to OEM 510 Navigation Unit?

Hello, I need your help as I am looking to remove my radio from my 2011 TDI Jetta. It is has a 5" screen 6 CD sytem with Siruis. If I buy a used 510 VW OEM Navigation system will this plug and play? Also I see they have Puck type GPS antennas which you mount under the dash. Do these work...
  14. S

Hard to start when hot issue.....

Hot start FIXED...YEAH! I have a 98 VW TDI which has 254,000 miles. I am the only owner and have lived with this hot start problem for years. I have my original starter and Fuel Injection pump, no modifications as it's all stock. I have changed out the Battery 3 times. My car would take a...
  15. S

Can't stop the top injection pump leak..HELP

My 98 VW TDI Beetle has developed a leak where the "top" cover of my injection pump. I got a new Bosch gasket set and the special triangle socket for the top bolt. Used brake cleaner first before disassembly. Took off the 4 bolts, carefully removed the black seal under the top cover of the...