Recent content by Spiked1Z

1. S

Passenger door won't lock, even after replacing lock mo

Interesting reply, because I solved my problem and it wasn't the harness, did you read what you quoted lol
  2. S

Just circling back here after I finally found a solution to my problem. I was receiving a 01812 J387 code, and just went through the dash fuse diagram and found SC12 5 amp fuse was missing, popped a new 5am fuse in and I now have a passenger door that locks and unlocks! All the...
  3. S

2006 Jetta So I recently noticed my passenger door will not lock. All other doors lock, and all the electronics on the passenger door works. If I manually lock the lock module the door correctly shows it being locked. Initially I thought it was the door lock module, but I just got done...
  4. S

Suspension help

I bought some rubber coil spring inserts from autozone. The ones that you snake around the middle of the spring while jacked up. Made a big difference and raised the rear a bit too
  5. S

DSG Lag caused by brake switch?

Whoa that’s weird one. I have the ECS inserts for the the dogbone.. definitely improved responsiveness, however DSG lag after coming from a brake hold still persists. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. S

Can low hanging sun visors be tightened up?

Pick one up from a junkyard or buy one on eBay... the spring or whatever it is does wear out. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. S

White and Black smoke, still power 2006 Jetta BRM

I'm having similar issues at 242k, smoke on moderate accel, and lower fuel economy. Also in Texas with the AC blasting and going 80+ often. a lot of stop and go, and have been averaging less than 37 MPG. My plan is to check torsion value with my XTool vag reader (not as versatile as VCDS) to...
  8. S

More on severe lh driveaxle wobble/vibration

That’s funny, only because I went through a similar situation with a B3000 vibrates like hell around 50-60 mph. Measured the tires and the seemed in round. Replaced almost all suspension components upper, lower, shocks, end links, and still had the damn shake and shimmy at highway speed...
  9. S

Thoughts on long term operation of 06 DSG TDI

Classic thread, with all the peeps ahah Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. S

Injector Rebuild Guide - Looking

What issues should one look for or notice? Guessing a VCDS readiness check or something for a real diagnosis? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. S

2006 TDI Turbo adjustment?

Yes I would dare say you are correct. The worn linkages were causing more travel in my case. Eventually I got around to tightening the bolt, but I still use some safety wire to prevent too much actuation. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. S

door locked horn

Side lights are on same circuit I believe , I fixed and bad connection and replaced the bulbs and got my horn back Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  13. S

door locked horn

Can be controlled on/off with VCDS or vag401 reader, as well as seat belt alarm, door lights, and other cool things Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. S

XTool experience YES it reads DSG temp

Probably just how it works I have one though haven’t thought to use it to prime the system. I just popped off the return line and used a mighty vac to get air out, then after a few cranks started right up. Also helps if you fill the filter housing with diesel. Sent from my iPhone using...
  15. S

Airbag light just came on...

No disconnecting the battery should not affect the light, but who knows Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk