Recent content by spaktacular

1. S

Injector cover replacement

EDIT/UPDATE...... Well, the car was run in to late Memorial day evening, so not getting around to this project any time soon, if at all. Likely will be totaled, which makes this problem - and the DPF - and the inoperable sunroof - and the malfunctioning A/C - all moot.
  2. S

Injector cover replacement

Have an oil leak on top of the valve cover, likely the injector cover plates. IDParts sells a kit for this, comes with the cover plates, replacement bolts, and the injector seals. HOWEVER, it does not include the 'injector tensioning claw' - which the repair manual clearly states "ALWAYS...
  3. S

Dreaded p2002 fault

Easiest way to determine is enter your VIN number in on the VW Emissions warranty lookup - https://www.vwdieselinfo.com/ The 10 years/120,000 miles is from original in-service date. So, if you had a 2015 car that was modified at, say, 30,000 miles in 2018, the 'extended warranty' might run out...
  4. S

P0401 & P2002 Codes

Curious if you lowered/removed the subframe or not; How many miles did you have on the car; Anything else done while you were in there? I'm assembling the parts/knowledge and will replace mine sometime before the July 4th holiday. As I said elsewhere, there's 165,000 on the car now. It's...
  5. S

*SOLD*: 2015 GSW TDI SEL 6MT with LP and DAP 145K, $16K OBO

Your price lands as high. I saw the response stating it's a little high for private party sale, but in all honesty most people aren't looking to spend this level of money for this sort of vehicle in a private party sale. I don't know that, without a dealership and warranty coverage backing it...
  6. S

DPF replacement, new or remanufactured?

LOL You may be better off that way......lot of stress and nonsense comes with ownership. It's not for everyone.
  7. S

That's one hell of a facility you have, sir. As a fellow business owner, hats off to you - it's not easy to reach that level, let alone sustain it.
  8. S

Thanks, appreciate the info. I went back and looked more closely at the dealer descriptions, and they are rather confusing. They list 2 different part numbers for the item, both with an "X" at the end, and both listed as 'converter'. I'll likely either just buy from the local dealer or IDParts...
  9. S

IDParts lists the DPF they sell as 'remanufactured'. I don't see anyone listing a new DPF anywhere other than VW; it seems to be available from a number of dealers online. A fair number of those same VW dealers list a 'remanufactured' DPF in the same parts listing, with a different part number...
  10. S

Hello all, Have a 2011 JSW with a 6 MT. Purchased at 66,000 after the emissions fix, bought from a dealership who had bought the car from auction post repair. I'm assuming that it received the standard emissions fix, software/NOX catalyst replacement. Now at 165,000 miles, and I'm getting an...
  11. S

P0401 & P2002 Codes

Years ago, I had a 74 Mercury Capri with a 2.0 inline 4, OHC engine. I was young - still a teenager - and let my sister use the car for the summer. She calls one day, it's broken down on the side of the road....virtually no shoulder on that stretch of road, either. I go pick her up, take a...
  12. S

P0401 & P2002 Codes

Question for folks on this. Currently have a 2011 JSW TDI, 6 MT. Bought at 66K from a used dealer, after they had purchased the car from an auction post-fix. From what I piece together, I believe the NOX cat converter would have been replaced as part of the fix, but the DPF would be original...
  13. S

What did you pay for your 'fixed' CPO TDi

Noob here Purchased a 2011 JSW with a 6 speed stick on Halloween 2019. Had 66,700 miles on it. Exterior in pretty decent shape for an 8 year old car, interior excellent. Outside of an oil change, haven't done anything else to it....yet. Have clocked 8,000 miles so far, pretty happy with it...