Recent content by spacemonkeymafia

1. S

Thank you!

Thank you to everyone who helped out this weekend. We really could not have done it without you. Fest is a huge undertaking that requires lots and lots of people to make it run smoothly. I would like to recognize some of the people who gave us lots of their time and effort this weekend...
  2. S

photo scavenger hunt

I copied your list and added numbers. Please see this list here!
  3. S

photo scavenger hunt

There is a question here about naming and numbering the pictures, as the printed list of pictures does not have numbers on it. So...how should that be handled?
  4. S

photo scavenger hunt

No, you just need a picture of the item. But please don't try to do this from your computer (ie, don't just submit a bunch of pics you find online). This is meant to be a fun way to explore the area, so enjoy!
  5. S

volunteers:pick a job!

Here is a slightly more specific list of the volunteer positions we need filled. Most of you who signed up mentioned multiple things you'd be willing to do, and since I don't know what everyone has planned for the weekend, I'd rather not randomly assign people to times/places. But if spots are...
  6. S

HELP! We need somebod(ies) v. Calling all volunteers!

I'm getting all the volunteer stuff finalized right now; I hope to let everyone know sometime later today. I'd guess it won't be until about the time registration begins tomorrow, which is 5 pm.
  7. S

photo scavenger hunt

Ah, I'm startin' to see some similarities in y'all's language up there and ours down here. G's disappear from the ends of our words...and I think y'all's dropped R's get picked up and inserted all over the place by some southerners (or, at least, West Virginians). :p
  8. S

Show & Shine categories and other awards

S&S entry deeadline When is the deadline to enter the show & shine? I know it was a part of registration, but if someone changed their mind between then and now, is entry still an option? If so, how would one go about that?
  9. S

Snowflake Factory ("behind the scenes") tour

In 2013, the Sunday River Mountain Ops crew was kind enough to open up their Snowflake Factory to us to explain how they make snow and to show off some of their unique vehicles and equipment. Once again, we will be getting a behind the scenes peek at how they keep the mountain going on Friday...
  10. S

photo scavenger hunt

Thank you! Good ground rules. There are a few I wouldn't have thought of because it never would have occurred to me that they would be needed (such as #4). :rolleyes:
  11. S

photo scavenger hunt

I am very much looking forward to this, and very thankful to you for putting it together for us! :) Without giving away too much of it (I'm a big believer in surprises for this sort of thing), can you give us a little bit of an idea what kinds of thing we may be looking for/seeing in this...
  12. S

gauging interest in dent removal (and stuff)

There is some discussion of trying to get a dent repair person to come to Fest this year, as was done in 2009. Being that it is a much smaller, more isolated area, I'm not sure if this will happen, but I'd like to see how much interest there is in that service. I know my beloved beetle is...
  13. S

Fast talking has been an absolute necessity for the raffle in years past. I don't think it will be quite as crazy this year, but certainly a good chance for you to warm up, as it were.
  14. S

Awesome!! Thank you! So, any chance you want to warm up by calling the raffle on Sunday afternoon?? :D (dammit, I need a smiley with batting eyelashes for this!) Either way, we're very grateful for your help. Thanks to all of you who have signed up to help out. We will be ordering shirts for...