Recent content by Southalabama84

1. S

MPG impressions on 2015 Golf so far

I always try to out my information from the MFD in the comments on Fuelly. There is definitely a correlation in average speed and the MPG for the tank. I usually try to take the least congested route but sometimes still get caught. I’ve also noticed a difference when it is hot and I’m running...
  2. S

Highest Mileage EA288's?

I left the garage with 85,000 on the odometer this morning. Bought in Nov. 2014 so averaging around 20,000 a year. I'm sure there are a lot higher out there, I'd have more but can't fit three carseats in the back so we use the wife's most of the time.
  3. S

I just updated over a years worth of data into Fuelly. I'm coming up on four years since I bought the car new and just unber 75k miles. My mileage has dropped some due to a different commute and we just relocated to NC this summer so its going to take a few more months to get an average for my...
  4. S

VW TDI goodwill package: Offers $500 Visa cards & $500 dealer credits to TDI owners

I received my notice yesterday and went to the dealer today after work to activate it. They said I was around the 5th person to activate it today. This was at the VW of Mobile dealership.
  5. S

I've logged the MFI mpg figure for each fillup on Fuelly. I have never had one close to the actual calculated mileage since I've owned the car. In fact, it appears to be getting worse the last few tanks. I have also taken a picture of the "refuel" page of the MFI each fillup so I could go...
  6. S

2015 CR 150 tune available

I like that the blatant flat spot in the torque curve between 2-3k rpm is gone. Does there seem to be any surge feeling at 2k because it looks like there is a significant spike at that rpm?
  7. S

Malone tune for EA288 engine coming soon!

I agree, it will be interesting to see. If it is possible to elimate the DEF then I would assume the tank could be retrofitted as a secondary diesel tank. :D
  8. S

Fast idle immediately after start

A couple of us mentioned noticing the same thing in another thread. Seems to be related with the AC usage. I never noticed it until warmer weather. http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=440487
  9. S

Air Conditioning Issues?

I've noticed that as well. It usually occurs the first few minutes after startup when I have the AC on a higher setting.
  10. S

MPG Records

Awesome tank!! I've had a few trips where the MFD showed 60+ mpg. I've never been able to keep it up for the entire tank, trips around town always mess up a tank. I'm having my best tank now, I've driven 300 miles and my MTE is at 420. I'm not expecting to maintain it for a 700 mile tank but...
  11. S

I never really pay attention to my "extended period" display but I do take a picture of every tank when I refuel. My last few tanks my speed has been 44, 46, 43, 47, 50, 46, 46 mph..... One thing I have noticed is the displayed mpg is always 4-5mpg higher than the calculated so I don't go off...
  12. S

VCDS Tweaks

Is it possible to change so the radio/accessories will stay on after the car is turned off and the key is removed? I have had many phone calls interrupted because of the Bluetooth being disconnected.
  13. S

Sound Off on Current Diesel Price

I filled my truck up yesterday at the same station. This is the closes spread for RUG and Diesel I've seen in a long time.
  14. S

Tdi golf tdi

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=433712
  15. S

Volkswagen Golf GTD Variant SportWagen

I really wish we were able to get the wheels as an option.