Recent content by South Coast Guy

1. S

Disposal of buy-backs

Haven't been here in 2 years since VW bought my car and I switched to BMW. I looked at a couple of threads and it appears that VW is selling some of the cars they bought back? Can anyone verify?
  2. S

Electric vehicles (EVs), their emissions, and future viability

Wrong. When Lexus introduced the LS 400, it was priced at $39,900 and a big hit. They continued to raise the price, features and quality of the car over the years. Electric cars are still new. You want to see the cars on the street. You want drivers in them. You want a waiting list of buyers...
  3. S

Electric vehicles (EVs), their emissions, and future viability

Chevy has mispriced the Bolt if it wants to sell 30K in the first year. A better price would have been $30K. That way the deal would be irresistable to many buyers, cars would be seen on the streets, and Chevy would get much needed feedback from users on how to improve the next version.
  4. S

Last post

Taking the buyout tomorrow afternoon and that will be the end of my involvement in diesel VWs - unless something happens with the buyout process. Beyond that, I have enjoyed driving a diesel, but it is only a car to me and no more than that. Replacement? BMW, Volvo or electric. So this is my...
  5. S

Any buybacks completed in CT?

When I moved from CT a few years ago, I returned my old plates to the DMV and requested a receipt. If you don't return them, you may get billed for property taxes.
  6. S

2006 Jetta TDI bad motor?

Buying this car without an accurate diagnosis is a total crapshoot. I would only offer to pay the scrap value of the car and plan on spending up to $5K on repairs.
  7. S

A proactive Dealership...?

Imagine you were a VW dealer and you watched as dozens of former customers walked out the door with cash in hand (sort of)? Imagine you are a dealer and read this forum and see all the questions and problems posed here? What would you do?
  8. S

No more Diesel for US from VW

No, it means more chronic illnesses like asthma.
  9. S

Here is a deal offered by a VW dealer

http://www.paulclarkvw.com/volkswagen-tdi-buyback
  10. S

No more Diesel for US from VW

You are right, but it seems that Americans are lined up to buy them and assuming that 4-wheel drive is absolutely necessary.
  11. S

Any turn-ins in Massachusetts? Mattie Imports?

Got my approval this morning and scheduled my appointment for the 20th. Offer arrived ten days after offer letter notarized and returned.
  12. S

Still angry with VW after buyback?

I am taking the buyout; just waiting to be contacted to schedule the turn-in. Will I buy another VW? Depends on their offerings. I already won't buy any GM products, but Vettes are looking mighty attractive.
  13. S

Mazda to introduce diesels to US

You are correct, and California has addressed many other sources of air pollution. But IC is the single biggest cause, I think.