Recent content by sourmash

1. S

Red Golf TDI on Lakeshore Pkwy in Birmingham

Saw a red Golf TDI this morning on Lakeshore Pkwy with a "Farfrompumpin" TDIclub sticker in the window....dropping child off at John Carroll.
  2. S

Coolant Temp Sensor Location on '01 NB 4A

Good information Bronco, but my CEL code is 16764 (SAEP P0380) - glow plug heater circuit (a) electrical fault in circuit. After I found this out I talked to my local mechanic and he said this is a very common problem and common code. After looking on here, I decided to chase the glow plug...
  3. S

Ok, I think I know where it is now. When I was under there a couple of weekends ago checking the plugs I noticed a couple of "plugs" and wasn't sure which one was the coolant temp sensor. I think I remember that one and will have to check that out this weekend. Thanks again Oilhammer.
  4. S

Thanks! Do you happen to have a picture...or know where one is...it would certainly be helpful as I'm not terribly experienced in the engine compartment....but trying to learn.
  5. S

Can someone tell me where to find the coolant temp sensor on a '01 NB 4A. I have a CEL (can't remember the code right now) that indicates a fault in the Glow Plug system. I've followed Wingnuts Glow plugs 101 (http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?p=749854) thread and have checked the...
  6. S

BMW diesels coming to America

I hate to say it, but I'll be ditching the VW when the Bimmers hit our shores. I can't wait to get my hands on the 535d.
  7. S

At what diesel price would you give up your TDI?

I use this equation to figure it out. If the end result gets down to 26, I might consider it. miles covered / mpg = diesel consumption consumption x diesel price = per tank cost per tank cost / gas price = gas consumption miles covered / gas consumption = equivalent milage in gas car...
  8. S

Alabama people in here!

Sweet! I haven't been in here in quite a while, but glad to see someone else in Chelsea! I only really drive the NB to work and back so it's only out of the garage for a short time...but it's Techno Blue and has a South Carolina Flag (Palmetto w/ crescent moon) sticker in the back window...so...
  9. S

This Is A Picture Gallery People!

There are tons of NB pictures on newbeetle.org....maybe you should check that site out. I don't think tdiclub frequenters are as apt to post pictures.
  10. S

This Is A Picture Gallery People!

And yet you didn't post a picture????:eek: I agree with roundhouse...the other is hard to find and this is an easy place to come to post questions specific for other Beetlers. If you look at the other ones under the "picture" section, they too have a lot of questions posted. Don't take it...
  11. S

Do I need an alignment with new tires?

I would recommend you at least get the alignment checked when you get a new set of tires. Most tire shops will do a check for free and if it's out they will charge you to put it back in. Make them show you the machine print outs and describe how much its out and decide yourself whether it...
  12. S

TDI Emblem

Well, I'm not picky. My preference would be the OEM Chrome version or the three red letters (I know they have hp meaning...but thought it would look good on Techno blue)...but I really don't care as long as I can put TDI on the rear hatch.
  13. S

TDI Emblem

screenectomy - removing the snow screen from the air intake pipe. These have a tendency to clog up with junk and are relatively difficult to get to, so some of us just take them out. ventectomy - removing the vent valve from the fuel filler neck....makes it much easier to fill the tank...
  14. S

How do you identify TDI equipped NB's from the exterior??? (other than sound)

I use the soot method on the lower left part of the bumper, or just watch for a slight puff of sooty smoke at take off. I'm tired of my NB not declaring itself a TDI so I'm going to break down and buy a TDI emblem when I find one at a reasonable price. Hence the thread I started.
  15. S

TDI Emblem

Has anyone seen the TDI emblem for sale anywhere recently. A while back I think worldimpex had a red one on special for ~$5 and I didn't end up getting one. I'm looking to put one on my NB now and looking for the best price so if anyone has a link they can provide....I would appreciate it.