Recent content by SoTxBill

1. S

40k-Should I replace my blinker fluids

On Sale now.
  2. S

Loud noises!!!!

broken motor mount? bad cv joint or bolts have fallen out? upper strut tower failure? Def need to isolate and fix now.
  3. S

Brake Fluid Question

wow.. how do you know the leak will not get bigger and you will end up killing 42 children on a school bus? You dont know where its leaking??? master cyl? front or rear calipers or brake line? If you cant afford to fix it, you cant afford to drive it a wreck it at the very least. You...
  4. S

Mercedes BluTec horror primer. Much useful info for TDI's too!!

IIRC There are/was two different motorcycle oil specs.. one for wet clutch and another for none wet clutch. The one for none wet clutch has/had more "friction modifiers" in it and was considered the best oil you could buy as hd diesel oils had to meet emissions. But that was a few years...
  5. S

A/C work - should i? must i?

Freon and coolant?? one is Freon, the other is antifreeze. I think he said that he did not need to drain the antifreeze to change out the compressor. Not to be confused with r134 (coolant) freon.
  6. S

Passat TDI vs Jetta TDI

Most are saying the same. The jet is sporter, you dont drive it, you wear it. It knows what you want it to do. Its fun, quick nimble, easy to manuver and park. The passat, bigger, different, smoother, quieter, more floaty. Much better family and multi passenger mover. Better for...
  7. S

Correct Oil

I knew a guy who used that oil and had a blowout the next day. So be cautious.
  8. S

Do you rotate your tires?

yES.. Everytime I drive the car, and also every 10k at oil changes.
  9. S

be sure to use synthetic blinker fluid

Remember that dot 5 is not longer hydrophilic, so you MUST change often or take a chance of ruining you system.
  10. S

be sure to use synthetic blinker fluid

Be sure to check your fluid before the hot summer months!!
  11. S

New member with break-in oil question

vw was supposed to have put new oil in it as part of the prep.
  12. S

Just bought 2015 Jetta TDI. MPG is lacking

my jetta's did not improve till around 15k... and bumped up about 3 mpg's.. you should see the same. driving style also had EVERYTHING to do with mpg.. If you do any idling, or lots of stop lights, forget it. If you do city driving, forget it. I do rural or light suburban driving, lots of it...
  13. S

16" or 17" / steel or aluminum - advantages?

Testing has shown the 15 and 16 inch get better mpg and softer ride. 17 and above have more tire mass due to ultra thick sidewalls, and this contributes to lower mpg and much harsher ride. (there were several tests that were noted on this site and others last year or before) Up to 1.8 mpg in...
  14. S

Engine revved by itself after hard acceleration

Reminds me of the early rabbits and pickups.. Around 60 hp.. and would do 75 mph down hill.. but then it would go into runaway.. as it sucked oil fumes out of the crankcase, into the intake... Never hydrolocked, just took off down the road, 75 mph... and a bit of a smoke trail. Vw came out...