Recent content by sortlane1

1. S

2015 Passat TDI - Full Tank/Gauge Issue

Diesel fuel foams a bunch during fill up. After the initial stop of the pump, I wait a bit and then keep filling. This goes on for several stops and starts until it is actually full. I probably put close to 3/4 of a gallon more after the initial fuel pump shut off.
  2. S

analog clock issue

Yes I have exactly the same issue. Just picked up a CPO 2015 Passat and noticed this on the first drive home. Sat overnight and it was accurate again with the MFD. It was off again the next day with the same correction at night. Last couple of days it has not been off. I have searched and not...
  3. S

Deer accident

The body shop has my car torn down now and did find that the intercooler was damaged. Thanks again for the heads up and if anyone else has advice I am all ears. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. S

Deer accident

Was there anything to be done about it running hotter? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. S

Deer accident

Nope didn’t collect the deer. It was in a metropolitan area with no room to pull over. I was actually about 1000 feet from my parking lot and just kept her straight and pulled in and parked her. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. S

Deer accident

My reaction was more silent disbelief since I hit one with the same car back on October 21st. That was not nearly as severe and only damaged the hood and quarter panel. The body shop doing the work does an excellent job but once again more concerned this time since it got into the engine...
  7. S

Deer accident

On December 26 I hit a deer with my 2015 Passat SEL. The accident got the radiator and passengers side quarter panel. Estimate is $7,100 of damage. The body shop is working on getting parts ordered. Is there anything in specific we should pay attention to with the engine since the radiator is...
  8. S

New TDI enthusiasm? Opinions on where we are 2 plus years post-scandal?

I am in the same camp as the OP. After a few years of looking for a TDI I realized that time may be running out to the opportunity to own one. Pulled the trigger on a 2015 Passat TDI SEL in October. I have really enjoyed the car and look forward to driving it for many years to come. Sent from...
  9. S

Intermittent wipers intermittently not working

Is the sensor or windshield dirty? Wipers streaking? I know that can have a tendency to cause challenges. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk