Recent content by SoMDTDI

1. S

7 cds in my 6 disc cd changer, help

Removing radio 2006 Jetta radio removal only requires a torx screw driver (25, I think- it's been a while) and panel removal tools (to minimize damage when removing the dash panel over the radio). Be carefull removing the panel in front of the radio... the paint is easy to scrape off the...
  2. S

Coolant Capacity?

Could it be that the VW coolant is designed as a lifetime coolant, which normally would not need to be drained?:cool:
  3. S

2006 Jetta TDI Major Engine Issue - what to do?

TDIRacing (Oliver Wegener) is another option... he's in Baltimore. I have no complaints on the work he did for me. (cam replacement)
  4. S

Okay to sit at light with clutch depressed?

When Aaron replaced my failing DMF with a SMF, the throwout bearing was totally shot... so bad, the individual bearings were ready to fall out. Of course, this may had been partially due to the total separation of my flywheel.
  5. S

Is VCDS VAG-COM worth it for me now?

Clearing codes When I tried clearing my codes yesterday, VCDS said that I needed a professional tool to clear codes.:mad: I have the MicroCAN.
  6. S

on a 2006, what can I upgrade to? MFI? Rear AC socket?

Adding MFI Yes and no. I was able to install the MFI in my 2006.5 "Diesel edition" without too much trouble. I opted for the glove box one since I did not want the headache of pulling the center console. There are more than one piece to the system... There is the part that you wire and...
  7. S

New brake problem?

Since it's for an inspection, they will likely be watching to lights come on when starting the car. No light = fail. The brake wear sensors are not limited to German cars. They are located in the driver's side brake pad. Did the new pads have a plug to connect? If so, did you connect it? If it...
  8. S

Diesel Add.

You shouldn't really need it. I usally forget when it comes time to refuel. The additives I have are busy keeping the air out of the bottle (keep forgetting to add):rolleyes:
  9. S

mdi to usb cable.

Have you checked with the dealer? Online search using your thread title resulted in plenty of sources, including Amazon.com.
  10. S

Windshield tint strip

Windshield tint strip is a waste of money Windshield tint strip is a waste of money. It is too narrow to provide any benefit, with the exception of a very short time when the sun is in line with the strip and your field of view. The rest of the day, it provides no benefit.:( If the sun is...
  11. S

While replacing the Turbo you might want to...

P r o t h e web site LOOK ELSEWHERE!!! Warning Warning Warning Will Robinson! The link you posted is one of many P r o t h e (spaces intentional to avoid search engine result elevation) web sites-- well known for destroying TDIs.:eek::eek: You will be much better served elsewhere. Your car...
  12. S

Some Help.. MkIV to MkV - unwanted upgrade

They both are PD (pump deuce) engines. The engine code for the 2006 model year in the US is BRM.
  13. S

Chipping? What company should I use?

With a Malone chip and Flashzilla, a road tip is not required. I got mine from Bora Parts, and the tune was done on the west coast, I'm on the east coast. Mine was delayed for a few months due to a copyright/trademark issue that had been going on at the time. Other than that, I have had no...
  14. S

HID conversion ??

Check with Aaron (BoraParts). I bought a pair of factory HID lights for my 2006.5 Jetta from him at the TDIFest in Northern Virginia. Wiring was simple, however, had a little difficulty with removal of old/installation of new due to the tight fit with the fender. I have not had any...
  15. S

venting

No ventectomy required on 2005.5+ Jettas The platform changed with the 2005.5 models. There is no vent button like was used in older models. I also think that the filler tube is smaller, as I always have a lot of foam. When looking in the filler neck, the opening in the back is tapered, and...