Recent content by sohccammer427

1. sohccammer427

Mobil 1 ESP Now at O'reilley's

Here in NC Autozone also carries ESP in several weights. 0w20, 0w30, 5w30, 0-40. 5 qt jugs and single qts also. Last time I bought some the regular Mobil1 line was on sale and the ESP was included.
  2. sohccammer427

FS 2.0l Tdi CVCA EA288 Fuel/Oil/Air/Cabin Filters $44.00

Bump... How 'bout $44.00? Taking up space in my office. Need to move. Boxed and ready to ship.
  3. sohccammer427

FS 2.0l Tdi CVCA EA288 Fuel/Oil/Air/Cabin Filters $44.00

1 Mahle KX 386 Fuel Filter 1 Mann C35154 Ail Filter 1 Hengst E340H D247 Oil Filter 1 Denso 453-4007 Cabin Air Filter I owned a 2015 VW Passat 2.0l Tdi w/ engine code CVCA EA288 Do your research as I believe there were two different FUEL filter housings for these engines. Asking $50.00 and I...
  4. for sale

for sale

forsale
  5. tdi.jpg

tdi.jpg

tdi filters
  6. Passat

Passat

7. sohccammer427

When will diesel prices start to fall?

Good point. I guess ULSD is not your fathers diesel. lol More processing to remove the sulfur. Makes you wonder if there is a market for all the sulfur they capture.
  8. sohccammer427

Yep, I remember my Dad tell me way back when diesel tractors hit the market, they were practically giving diesel away. It was the waste from gasoline distillation. Either way it takes less processing to get from crude to diesel than from crude to gasoline. . The GasBuddy statement is wrong.
  9. sohccammer427

According to GasBuddy: . MORE VARYING PRICES WITH DIESEL . Diesel fuel is typically more expensive than regular gasoline for a few reasons: . 1) It is taxed higher at the federal level than gasoline. 2) Refining diesel is more expensive than gasoline. 3) Fewer gas stations sell diesel fuel...
  10. sohccammer427

Can't decide on 8-speed or 7-speed DSG

humm... A Golf is certainly within the budget. Might actually be a better fit for Jr. Thanks for the heads up. As far as auto transmissions, same scenario. 8-speed Tiptronic for the Golfs, 7-speed DSG for the Golf GLI models. . I've owned three VW Tdi's and they have been the most reliable...
  11. sohccammer427

Can't decide on 8-speed or 7-speed DSG

I'm looking into helping my son get a new Jetta. Currently in the research phase. Best I can tell, the regular line of Jetta's have the 8-speed automatic and the GLI a 7-speed DSG. . I know how the DSG works, so I don't need info on that. The cost for either model is within our budget. Not...
  12. sohccammer427

VW 502 00/505 00/505 01 and VW 504 00/507 00

Hengst Longlife III DPF SAE 5W-30 50400/50700 . The filter guys? Who'd have thunk it? . https://www.hengst.com/en/lubricants/engine-oil/
  13. sohccammer427

If your using Power Service additive, WATCH THIS

Would have loved to have seen Optilube XPD in that lineup.
  14. sohccammer427

VW Manual Tranny Fluid G052527A2 vs Fuchs

. Good info, Oil. When I called the dealer and gave the parts guy my vin to get a VW part number, he was very nice and gave me the 527 part. But he was adamant about not being able to tell what weight it was. He told me VW does not make that readily available. So I'm assuming the container...