Recent content by sniderbm

1. S

WTB B4 Rear Pass (and maybe driver) bumper bracket

Thank you to those that have reached out, it appears that I have sourced the needed parts.
  2. S

WTB B4 Rear Pass (and maybe driver) bumper bracket

Wanted: 3A0 807 332 Passenger side rear bumper bracket for B4 sedan if convenient: 3A0 807 331 (Driver's side rear bumper bracket if you happen to have: 3A0 947 291 Reading light over rear passenger door with good clips 5 speed shift pattern coin - I could replace the whole knob but I only need...
  3. S

WTB: B4 Passat Downpipe

found what I need. Thanks all.
  4. S

Opinions - 2004 Passat w/ geared BSM+5spd vs 2001 Jetta, which to keep?

I would say it depends on what your most common use is. If you're looking at a "daily driver for just me and the occasional people in the back seat" - I would say Jetta wins, it's likely to have better parts availability than the Passat for quite awhile, it doesn't need a repair, and gets more...
  5. S

Buddy massively over filled engine, lots of white smoke, where do I start diagnosing?

... why does the far left plug look as if it has never gotten hot?.... the other 3 show some discoloration which I would expect, that one looks new (except oil covered) ... may want to look at wires / distributor too, while you're in there...
  6. S

Wanted: MKIV Jetta 5sp

You might also check out Facebook marketplace, there seem to be a significant population of TDI owners that are not TDIClub members.
  7. S

TDI starter not turning (ideas needed)

have you taken the starter off and had it tested, not just test the electrical to it? my b4 passat (240k) went from consistently starting well and 1 time out of 5 having the starter just not quite give it 100% (would spin motor for 4 seconds before starting instead of 1 and only about 3/4...
  8. S

WTB: B4 Passat Downpipe

Wanted B4 Passat downpipe, or race pipe with catalytic converter deleted. something like:
  9. S

The "What did you do to your B4 today" thread...

Did a starter earlier this week, I'm pretty sure it was the original I removed that made it 244k before giving up. Went with one from Amazon by "Parts Player" as it seemed highly rated. Sure spins the motor faster than OEM did... Was fun to learn (the hard way) that the starter bolts don't go...
  10. S

Custom Sunshades

https://shadesox.net/ ? might work for what you're after. I haven't tried them but they seem like a unique idea.
  11. S

WANTED: 99-03 5sp TDI fixer-upper in Midwest

Thanks all, I'm now the proud owner of a B4 5speed TDI from another member on this site and am very happy with it.
  12. S

WANTED: 99-03 5sp TDI fixer-upper in Midwest

Looking for a 5spd TDI from this era, Jetta preferred but beetle / golf work too. Only have about 1k in budget so I expect some work and that's fine but traveling to the coast to pick up a 1k car quickly kills the savings. Anyone in the middle of the country (KS / OK / MO / etc.) have...