Recent content by smittyatl

1. S

Flickering infotainment screen

You saying simply changing that harness will resolve flickering issue?
  2. S

Akebono pads fit TIGHT! Will they drag?

That's good to hear. Always liked the low dust Akebono pads. I'm at 62k on original brakes all round. When are people usually changing?
  3. S

DEF Shortage

The truck stops near me always have the massively wide pumps for diesel and DEF that don't fit in my little holes.
  4. S

Rear Seat Armrest

There are two cupholders in the rear seat armrest with a smaller hole between them. What is the purpose of the smaller hole? Holding smaller cups?
  5. S

Fuel Prices

Diesel is running around $1 more per gallon than regular around Atlanta. 40+ mpg makes up for it though!
  6. S

New 2015s on Dealer Lot

Noticed Jim Ellis Atlanta has several 2015 GSW TDIs with less than 100 miles for sale. They are asking 40-43k depending on trim level! My SE 6-speed was 24k out the door. Crazy time for car buying! https://www.jimellisvwatlanta.com/used-inventory/index.htm?year=2015-2015
  7. S

What did you do to your MK7 today?

I did the gentlemanly thing this weekend and replaced fob battery with a 2032.
  8. S

brakes

This thread makes me happy since I was wondering this week when my 50k GSW may need brakes. Not for a while it seems.
  9. S

Yellow H15 DRL/High Replacement

I put in a set of Hella H11 YL Xtreme Yellow 2900k bulbs for the fogs on my '15 GSW SE and love them. Looking to swap the H15 DRL/Highs as well. I am strongly leaning towards staying with halogen versus LED bulbs. Only options I am seeing are Nokya 2500k and GP Thunder 3500k. Any experiences...
  10. S

MIB1 Head Unit

Reading about the unit and based on my observations it seems like something loose with one of the fiber optic connections. The unit functions completely normal, only the display is wonky. It's like it knows where the buttons are independent of what the video display projects. May just try...
  11. S

MIB1 Head Unit

Hello, fellow forum users! Any of you guys doing the MIB1 to MIB2 upgrade have your old head unit (5G0035844 or 5G0035878AX) you would like to sell? Mine is the Fender system. Or better yet, anyone know how to resolve the flicker issue without replacement? Looks just like this.
  12. S

A/C went out.... help!

TSB info: https://www.cars.com/articles/2015-2016-volkswagen-air-conditioning-issue-1420684626169/ This happened to me under warranty so dealer changed the whole system to get higher charges from VW, but you should be fine with the valve replacement. DIY videos easy to search.
  13. S

Peeling Clearcoat Warranty

Paint is covered on 3 yr/36k factory warranty. Friend had his rear bumper redone (poorly) under warranty.
  14. S

Atlanta Shop Recommendation

Thanks for the rec, but that is about 40 miles from me. Atlanta is a big place.