Recent content by slowandeasy

1. S

SOLD! 2006 VW Jetta Manual Sedan Silver Florida car, $3,500?

I am over in Land O Lakes and we have a good VW mech here if you need them VE Motors, the have done the heavy lifting for me. Heads, Timing Belts etc. I am the same age and I understand ramps not jacks are the way to go after 65. :)
  2. S

2003 tdi crankshaft position sensor location

Did you ever get your problem resolved? If so tell us so we can all learn a little more about trouble shooting.
  3. S

No power on fuse 17, or 38, but fuses are ok?

PROBLEM SOLVED: I love it, fuse 14 the dome light was gone and stopped power to the others I guess. Problem solved, no programming required. Just a big light, glasses, and a magnifying glass.
  4. S

No power on fuse 17, or 38, but fuses are ok?

2003 TDI Jetta. No power on 17 or 38 fuses, where to I go next to trouble shoot?
  5. S

Diesel smell at cold startup?

Just a thought , make a smoke can from two air line connectors and a new paint can, fire up a old rag and run compressed air thru to pressurize your exhaust system .... smoke means a leak. Hose, seal etc. Heads up be careful that can is going to get hot! So think through your safety plan. My...
  6. S

Sound Off on Current Diesel Price

2.95 in Tampa is the low, 3.09 is highest I have seen this week. Still the break even point of gas to diesel is good.
  7. S

Florida Members?

Hey just noted your post, I am up in land of lakes, just retired, do most of my work down at McDill AFB at the auto shop.
  8. S

Chevron Diesel Fuels Technical Review Article

Updated link. https://www.chevron.com/search?q=how%20to%20make%20diesel%20fuel#gsc.tab=0&gsc.q=how%20to%20make%20diesel%20fuel&gsc.page=1