Recent content by Slou92

1. S

40k service complete at home, notes, one question

You can actually disable the service reminders with vcds. I don't really need something to tell me when a 10k service is due.
  2. S

2010 Jetta TDI starts, then stalls

Thanks for the updates. It's always helpful to see the outcomes on here.
  3. S

Metal in fuel filter

I'm not going to dump the car… I like it too much. Worse case scenario, I'm glad I got the 2micrin contain flow and pure flow adapter installed. If it does fail, I'll do the work myself. That said I really don't think it's HPFP related. If it were that pump I don't see how it could make metal...
  4. S

Metal in fuel filter

I've researched this topic and I found mixed opinions. Most posts I've found are older and I'm wondering if there is more experience now. 2014 TDI, 40k fuel filter change. Just like at 20k, there was some metal flakes in the filter housing. They do stick to a magnet. I called the dealer at...
  5. S

Oil usage?

I'll try the mobile 1 next oil change.
  6. S

Oil usage?

Yes, I do the maintenance myself. 507 spec oil from ID Parts.
  7. S

Oil usage?

I have a 2014 Jetta that didn't start using oil until about 30,000 miles. I haven't measured, but a good estimation would be about a quart per 6,000 miles. Not excessive, but it's new and I'm wondering what could cause this. I've looked for leaks and I don't notice any smoke out the exhaust...
  8. S

CR140 Flapper Valve Performance...

I have stage 2 and no dPF. I got a check engine light when I disconnected mine. I drove about 10 miles no problem but the light came on after I started the engine again. Definite improvement with it unplugged though. I'm going to contact someone and get a price quote for getting that tuned out.
  9. S

Are there Error codes stored if you check with VCDS?
  10. S

I'm also wondering if the CEL comes on if the motor is unhooked on a tuned engine. I'd be willing to experiment if no one knows. As long as it doesn't go into limp mode.
  11. S

highest odometer in a mk6 tdi?

Curious about your electrical clicking noise… when do you hear that?
  12. S

2014 jetta vcds questions

Couple quick questions... Is there any way to check the DPF ash loading on a 2014 Jetta? I followed the procedure on myturbodiesel.com (by going into long adaptation and entering channel 13) and it shows 0 ML and the other values aren't labeled. No soot load measured or calculated. Is there...
  13. S

ELSAWIN or ERWIN?

Great answer! I know what I'm doing this weekend. Brian
  14. S

ELSAWIN or ERWIN?

I'm looking for the best source of info for my 2014 jetta TDI. I see ELSAWIN 5.0 only covers VW to model year 2013. Is that correct? Are there big enough differences between those model years that would make this useless? How about ERWIN? I think for 35 bucks for a day I could download...
  15. S

cyclic buzzing or chattering

Good morning. Yesterday I made a 300 mile trip with my 2014 Jetta TDI. My car has about 7500 miles on it (mostly highway miles and my drives are mostly 30-50 miles-not many short trips). I noticed a chattering or buzzing sound coming from in front of the driver seat. It may be in the dash...